We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Which Rawai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Hi

We are travelling out to Phuket for 3 weeks in September, will have 2 kids in tow (aged 9 and 12) can anyone give me some ideas/things to do with them? Obviously we will be at the beach & waterpark, but I want them to see the real Phuket, not just the typical touristy things. Ideas for both would be much appreciated :-)

We are hiring a car so can get about easily, hopefully! My partner will be training most of the time when we are out there so it will be things that mainly I will be doing with them, or things when we are all together in the evening.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Hi Fonzs

How lucky are your children, 3 weeks in Phuket :).

So there is LOADS to do over there for kids, i will put down some of what i can think of & i am sure you will end up with a VERY long list after everyone else puts there ideas in as well :)

Take them to the movies, Mini Golf, Elephant Trekking, Quad Bike riding, Go Kart's, Phuket Fantasy at night for the show, waterpark to do wakeboarding, horse riding, thats all i can think of for now BUT i know you will get loads more, have a great trip

Vinny

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
889 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Yeah, be sure to check out the cable ski (I think they changed their name to wakeboard park) near Pallazo dinner theatre in Kathu.

There are some high tree top places, not sure of their names but one is on the way to the wake board park in Kathu and the other one is over near the Phunaka golf course not far from Wat Chalong. (sorry I don't know the names as my son is only 7 and a little too young for these places)

Also, the Gibbon rehabilitation center is good and near the Bang Pae waterfall, which should be good now as it's been raining a lot lately. That is on the east side of the island, about in the middle. Turn east from the Heroine's monument.

There is an elephant riding place that you will pass about 2 kms before the rehab center.

Aquarium is always a hit. That's over on Cape Panwa (southeast part of the island)

The new Botanical Garden center is pretty awesome. Not specially for kids by any means but, my 7 year old and his friends loved it there and learned a lot. That is also near Wat Chalong.

I'd take them to Big Buddha also. (up the hill near Chalong. Everybody knows where it is, just ask)

Fun Start in Kathu is great for smaller kids. Great pool and mat room for Judo or gymnastics too.

Perth
Level Contributor
511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

I highly recommend Dino Park Mini at Karon Our grandkids loved it best at night as everything lights up with dinosaurs and volcanos Make sure u put plenty of mossie spray on and take water has gets hot in there On a rainy day we took the kids to e movies t Junceylon shopping centre There is also a bowling alley there

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Agree with all the previous ideas but also add - surf house in kata, butterfly house, big Buddha, ride in a "disco" tuk tuk at night, shopping and bargaining for best price, fish foot spa, boat trip to phang nga bay, just hanging out in the pool and people watching! We are back in September with our 2 boys 8&10 for 3rd trip and we love it!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

People watching can be great fun :) & agree with the foot spa, my son (3 at the time) had his first foot spa & couldnt stop laughing he drew 1 hell of a crowd over & now when we go he gets 1 for nothing because of his laugh lol

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

Zip lining at the Flying Hanuman. Check out the reviews on TA. Awesome!

Happy travels :)

7. Re: Things for Kids to do in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014