We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian in Rawai

Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 post
Save Topic
Vegetarian in Rawai

I'm looking at booking for a month at Coconut Paradise Villas. I'm not looking for lively just want a totally relaxing month. But, I'm vegetarian so don't eat fish. All the reviews talk about fantastic prawns etc. Am I going to survive a month there happily? Can you buy the usual provisions to cook at home sometimes?

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Paradise
Coconut Paradise
173 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian in Rawai

Hi,

Yes you will have no problems with vegetarian most restaurants do a vegetarian option and you can shop in the markets plenty of food options to buy to cook. Villa Market nearby tesco local markets mini marts. Here is a link to Coconut Paradise Bar / Restaurant on Rawai Beach front road where you will find a menu a lot of the restaurants also deliver as do Coconut Bistro.

coconutparadisebar.com/coconut_bar/welcome.h…

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Paradise
Coconut Paradise
173 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Rawai Beach
Rawai Beach
1,479 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian in Rawai

Hi

Thai people often eat vegetarian on special religious days so you will find most restaurants can do some vegetarian dishes. In Chalong (about 10 minutes drive away) there is a vegetarian restaurant too. There is also an evening market by the roadside in Rawai where you can buy fresh vegetables and fruit as well as several supermarkets too. Just recently a small Tesco Lotus shop opened near Rawai Beach and I believe that sells vegetables too.

On one last note, if you are thinking of booking a villa for one month be sure to book early as these villas are very popular and tend to get booked well in advance!

Dawn

Mentioned in this post
Chalong
Chalong
Phuket, Thailand
Rawai
Rawai
Phuket, Thailand
Rawai Beach
Rawai Beach
1,479 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
3. Re: Vegetarian in Rawai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 04, 2013