We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

Which Rawai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
260 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

Hi all,

Appreciate any kind advice please.

I will be travelling to Phuket during the week of Christmas and have tentatively booked accommodation at Serenity (saw that it was ranked no. 1 in tripadvisor). The only problem is that the resort only has one dining option, 88East. While we will not be travelling out often because I am bringing my 2yo along, we would like some variety in meals. Is there anything nearby within walking distance fo lunch and dinner?

Also, according to Serenity, there is a local taxi syndicate operating just outside the resort so they can't offer additional free trips to Patong. It is likely that I have to hire a taxi to Patong. Does anyone have an idea how muh it will cost? I understand the trip is 45mins? Will I be better off to hire a driver and does anyone know how much it will cost?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

Forgot: my entrecote there last Wednesday was 550 Baht, others in the party had a sole meuniere for I think 350 or 390 Baht. Deserts 140 Bat more or less.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

Archies has really good food, not expensive either - mix of international and Thai. Can get quite busy too!

Recycle is like a mini museum come fishermans hut, as it is built from recycled wood etc. Set just on the small canal and feels a bit like you are in someone's house, small and cosy. Cheap, good food cooked by the owners. don't be put off by the name!

Both walkable from the Hotel.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
175 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

We had a great meal at Nikitas at Rawai last December. The food was beautiful and fresh, the service was great and the beer was cold. All that and right on the seafront too. We really enjoyed it and will be back.

The restaurants are all open over Christmas - remember it isn't a Christian country so Christmas doesn't really factor in ... other than the decorations you'll see!

You mentioned that as you have your little one with you you won't head out a lot. Can I just say that I think you'll really be missing out on so much experience and fun if you just stay at the resort. The Thais absolutely love kids and will welcome your little one with open arms and you'll probably find they'll sweep the baby away to play and you and your partner can just relax.

Don't be worried about only being able to get the hotel's taxi mafia for transport. The best thing to do is the first time you head out of the hotel, have a chat to any of the thousands of taxi drivers around the place and see if you can work out an arrangement for them to collect you when you want to go somewhere. Every single tuk tuk and taxi driver has business cards so you can just grab their number. We do this every year and it works out really well. Plus I'd rather give my business to an independent operator rather than the taxi mafia sharks!

Enjoy :)

24. Re: Where to eat at Rawai + how to get around - toddler in tow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 25, 2014