We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi island for the day

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi island for the day

My daughter and I are thinking of doing a Phi Phi islands cruise, she likes the idea of just going to the island, swimming, lying in the sun, lunch etc not keen to go snorkelling.

Can anyone advise - as most tours advertise snorkelling - should we just catch a ferry??

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,384 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi island for the day

There are regular ferries from Phuket but if you take one of these you won't have much time on the island due to the scheduling.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi island for the day

Hi AjarnAndy

Thanks for reply - not sure what the best thing to do is - maybe we will book a tour - she doesnt have to do the snorkeling if she doesnt want to. She isnt a strong swimmer so isnt keen on snorkeling in the deep water. Not much point in catching the ferry if we wont have much time there????

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi Phi island for the day

Hi Lyndall. It is shame to go that far and not at least try the snorkeling. If you book with a good operator they will have life jackets, and even non swimmers can snorkel that way. And have a great time.

All the best,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phi Phi island for the day

Thanks Mark for your reply. Ive heard that you do a great tour :) My husband and I went on a tour to Phi Phi Island about 4 years ago and we had a great day. I will pass your message onto her.

Thanks again for your post, much appreciated. Lyn

5. Re: Phi Phi island for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rawai
Recent Conversations