We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

Which Rawai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

Hi everyone, I will be in Rawai (Serenity Resort and Residences) near Chalong Bay from Dec 22-24th at the end of this year. I would like to book a sea canoeing or sea kayaking tour of Phang Nga Bay while I am there, and I was wondering if there were any such tours departing from Rawai beach or Chalong Bay. All of the tours I have seen online seem to depart from Ao Poh Pier... I was advised not to book any tour in advance, but just to hire someone with a longtail boat to take us to Phang Nga Bay when we get there, but I would like to do more than just see the bay from the boat. I would actually like to canoe the hongs, etc. Does anybody know if there are such tours offered out of Chalong Bay? Thank you for your help~

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

Wherever you stay, the tour company will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the pier. You then hop on your boat there. They charge depending on your location. Or you could hire your own transport to the pier and back.

Plenty of different styles of tour available, but I don't think you'll be canoeing if you go by longtail.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

Since Phang Nga Bay is on the other side of the island compared to Rawai, there are no trips departing from there. They all depart from Ao Por, which is on the same, east, side.

As already mentioned, the tour company will pick you up at your hotel.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

Sorry if i confused you on your other thread mhl, when i referred to approaching the long tail boat guys at Rawai that was about another day on the water not your original question. Thats what i get for adding extra tips. LOL.

Also if you are picked up by the tour company make sure you have your receipt handy as the driver picking you up to take you to Ao Por will ask to see your receipt. The tour company also drives you back to your resort at the end of the day. Good service. enjoy.. CJ

Saluda, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

i went on the john gray's hong by starlight tour and it was amazing.

…wordpress.com/2011/…

5. Re: Sea Canoe or Sea Kayak tours to Phang Nga Bay from Rawai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 07, 2012