We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bon island restaurant

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
bon island restaurant

would like to go this seafood restaurant and visiting phuket in feb 2010. does anyone know how to get to bon island. do use a longtail boat, how far and how much? also will be staying at karon beach, how do we get to rawai?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bon island restaurant

Hi, I run the restaurant at Bon island, Phuket. It is easiest to get a boat from Rawai, but it is also possible to get a boat from Karon Beach. The boats are priced by the boat/trip so it works out cheapest to get a few people together. If you want to find out more take a look at our facebook page …facebook.com/pages/…119852995778 or our website http://bonisland.ning.com. There is also a facebook page for Rawai facebook.com/pages/… If you need any other info email me at bon.island.phuket@live.com

Dawn

South Africa
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: bon island restaurant

Is there any accommodation on bon island?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bon island restaurant

No, I am sorry there is no accommodation at Bon island, but I can recommend http://coconut-paradise.com they have villas in nearby Rawai Beach you can also see them here on trip advisor.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bon island restaurant

Hi this place sounds like fun - we'll be in Patong - how much for a tuk tuk to rawai and how much for a boat to bon island? Are there many boats available at Rawai or what do we tell them when we get there? Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bon island restaurant

Thanks for your interest. I am not sure of Tuk Tuk prices just now as i haven't made this trip in many years. There are boats running from Patong, Kata, Karon and Rawai Beaches however Rawai is the closest. Taking a boat from Patong would be a nice trip if you want to explore the coastline, if not then take a boat at Rawai. There are many boats available, most will suggest you go to Coral Island as they will get more money due to the longer trip. You can go to Coral Island in the morning and come back to Bon Island for lunch and the afternoon or the other way round. (You can of course spend the whole day at Bon Island too!) Boat prices will vary on the trip you take and the number of people and son on, there is not a fixed price as such but the usual price is about 1200 baht for the Rawai - Bon Island trip.

If you get over don't forget to look for me on the beach and tell me you came via Trip Advisor!

Regards Dawn

Sweden
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bon island restaurant

Hey,

I am coming in 10 days to the Evason Hotel. All the reports i read said that this hotel was extremely expensive when it comes to foods and drinks.

The hotel provides daily tour to Bon Island. Does your restaurant is poart of the resort or are you just on the smae island?

How can i find your restaurant once i'm there?

Thanks for your help, and see you maybe in a couple of days!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bon island restaurant

Hello,

Thanks for your enquiry about Bon Island. The East side of Bon Island is the location for the Evason Hotel Beach, I run the restaurant at the North Beach. We are not part of the Evason and so you will need to swim, walk or kayak from the Evason Beach to reach us.

Many websites have no mention of Bon Island as there is a common misunderstanding that the whole island is owned by the Evason. It is not. If you want to see more about us visit our website

www.bonisland.ning.com

or visit our facebook page

…facebook.com/pages/…119852995778

It is also possible to get to Bon Island from Rawai Beach by long-tail boat and the prices vary from 800 baht upwards per boat.

Hope to see you soon!

Dawn (Tel: 081-892 1156)

Edited: 11:00 am, January 26, 2010
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bon island restaurant

Hi, Dawn

Would i be able to get to you by longtail from Cape Panwa as i know you can get trips to Coral Island from there from the local boat guys . How far is Bon Island from CP by boat in approx minutes.. What time does the restaurant close in the evening as it would be nice to have a meal watching the sunset but would i get back with no problems. Had a look at your site it looks fantastic and certainly a paradise island.

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bon island restaurant

Hello

Thanks for your enquiry. Yes it is possible to get to us from Panwa, we often get boats coming in from there.

I would recommend that you left the island before sunset as the boats have no lights and that means that it is a little bit dangerous for travelling after dark. We too leave around 5 or 6pm for the same reason. I usually recommend that people come early in the morning as the island is quieter in the morning. Many people go to Coral Island and then come to us for lunch so that means most people arrive at around 1 or 2 o'clock.

Thanks for your kind comments about our site.

See you soon!

dawn

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bon island restaurant

Hi Dawn

Sent you a PM