We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Hi just wondering how much I should pay for a tuktuk from Patong to Phuket town for shopping. I'll be. Travelling solo so don't want to be slugged. Or should I catch the bus, is it easy enough to catch?

Cheers Denise

Hallett Cove
Level Contributor
363 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Just returned and (we = 5 adults) paid Bt 400, over and got dropped just on the edge of Town and it did not look promising for a return as we did not see any Tu Tuk nearby.

We walked for some time and found another Tuk Tuk guy who said he would take us to the markets, wait for an hour and take us back to Patong, with a bit of sightseeing on the way. He dropped us and one hour later tru-to-his-word dropped off at our hotel in Patong fo Bt 500.

As a solo passenger, look out for a guest in your pub who might want to share: this might save you a little. Have a blast we love Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Hi, we paid 400 baht to Phuket market from patong, but had trouble getting another tuk tuk back as well. We had to pay 550 back with quite a bit of haggling. There was 5 of us and they weren't very accommodating.

Viv

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

I think you would be better off with a driver in a proper van for that distance. Tuk Tuks are fun, but we only use them for short trips. For example, the driver we always use, Nicky from www.followmephket.com, drives an airconditioned minivan, and will combine the shopping with anything else such as visits to the specialty shopping outlets on the way which you cannot do in a Tuk Tuk. Nicky will take you wherever you want to go and wait for you while you do what you need to do, and all for the same price as catching a tuk tuk. Hope this helps.

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

you can always catch the bus that goes to Phuket town (and can also get dropped off at the big Central festival shopping centre).

We always catch it in Beach Road...not sure how often it run but it has a big sign on front saying Phuket Town and from memory was only about 20bht....

A local may be able to give u more info but we catch it every year and have never had a problem.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

The other day I paid 800 baht for a return trip from Patong to Phuket Town by tuk tuk, he also waited for me for about 3 hours :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Thanks for the replies. I've been to phuket town in tuktuk before as a group, just curious if they would charge more being by myself. Thanks!

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

Last November I paid 800 baht for a return trip. I spent 3 hours there before returning

8. Re: Tuktuk from patong to phuket town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 16, 2015