We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maya's shop

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maya's shop

Hitting Patong shortly and have just read a thread about Maya's shop. Great value and good quality. Can someone please let me know location as we are leaving in a couple of days.

thank u

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,949 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maya's shop

I think you mean Jindas Shop . . . it is in the FAQs -->

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maya's shop

TravellingMitch I'm pretty sure she wants Maya's shop. Apparently it was mentioned in a recent jbr as cheaper and more quantity than Jindas. I think it mentioned it was located at otop plaza opposite holiday inn

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,949 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maya's shop

LOL, I know OTOPS very well indeed. It is were we normally stay in Patong.

In the JBR tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297930-i9925-k7… that was the one that didn't make sense about what happened Jindas shop - it may have been one of the shops in Jinda Plaza!!

the description is vague 'walked past OTOP and browsed around', but it does sounds like it is one of the many hundreds of shops in OTOPS. OTOPs is a large area, which is split into a grid of little shops with alley ways running up and down (way from the road end) and the occasional one running north to south. So without any specific directions from the OP of the JBR it might be hard to track down the exact location of the shop.

Personally I have not found the clothes in OTOP cheaper than Jindas. All are about the same. Just that you don't have to bargain at Jindas. If you have to bargain at Jindas, then you are not at Jindas!

durban
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maya's shop

Hi Mitch..

Sue is talking about my recent jbr. You are quite correct about the shops at the otop plaza being difficult to provide directions for. The best tip I can give is that Mayas shop is directly opposite Tony Tailor.

That being said, it was a browse around Otop markets that resulted in finding Mayas shop which was indeed a lot cheaper than Jindas. Not Jindas plaza, definitely Jindas shop. It had a little red and white sign that clearly said Jindas shop. It was between sailor and Irish bar as the forums say. You will find many people with the same exxperience as we had. We did not bargain but found by chance that we could get our stuff cheaper elsewhere.

I am not promoting any shop or vice versa, I merely shared my experience in the hope that it would help others.

Hope this helps Sue. Have a great day all.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maya's shop

Wow,

A shop in Phuket cheaper that Jinda, i will have to look out for that next time, we have been using Jinda for many years now and we go early morning as Mrs Jinda and her son Keng are there. They give us the best prices, afternoons they have the other brother and an Indian guy and the prices seem to be the same as anywhere else.

I am starting to wonder whether we and many other regulars get cheaper prices for return business.

I guess its about paying what you feel comfortable with and who you purchase from. We pay 100 for singlets, 150 for t's 200 for Tailored Shorts and polo's, 100 for caps.

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maya's shop

I get good value at Jindas, but I do find the choice a little limited for what I like. But Mrs jinda is so lovely, and its nice not to have to barter

Michelle

durban
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maya's shop

The Burmese guy Sam seems to be killing Mrs Jindas business. Maybe someone should give her a heads up. Looks like people only get better prices when she is there herself.

Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maya's shop

Where is jindas please?

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Maya's shop

If nothing else we all know about Maya's shop now. Thanks people. I will have to investigate both stores. 2sleeps to go.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maya's shop

Hi Kate,

Walk along the beach road north from Bang La road and its just before the Irish bar on the Right Hand Side. Its about 600 metres from Bangla but you can see the green sign for the Irish bar for quite a long way off. The sign for Jinda hangs down from the front awning and is white with red letters, (very small)

Cheers, Pete