We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

skipton
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Help Please

myself and my husband are planning our 2nd trip to thailand we did bangkok and koh samui last time and had a blast, we like a good beach and enjoyed koh samui strip, we're considering krabi but am worried it would be too quiet but also we're thinking patong would be too much for 12 nights we like something in between a few lively nights and a few quieter ones we're does anyone recommend to stay for a mixture of both any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Edited: today, 19:44

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Kata Beach is your best bet for what you require....

Kata is close to Patong(about 15 minutes drive depending location in Patong)....Kata has a nightlife of it's own as well tho' not as active and extreme as Patong....

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
828 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Hello, why not take a look at combining Kata and Khao Lak (Cocotang 'Im surprised you didn't suggest that, as l think you love KL as much as I do)!!

Khao Lak has beautiful beaches and restaurants (although be aware that in low season some restaurants are closed) having said that we only ever go in low season and there is plenty of choice.

I have been to Krabi and it was nice, but I have no desire to go back. Where as for our 1 month trip this year we are going to Patong(which we love as well), Koh Samui, Koh Tao and then finish up in KL for our last week.

Happy travels

Verrena

Edited: 5:21 pm, March 20, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Hi Verrena...Oh yes indeedy doody I do love Khao Lak tho' I wasn't sure if KL is what kay was after...??...That's why I only concentrated on Kata.....

By all means,I do highly recommend Khao Lak tho' the nightlife is pretty laid back compared to Patong...However,if you like laid back nights with live music and meeting people,then KL is the place....

As you have 12 nights,maybe you could split your time between Kata and KL....!!...??...

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, March 22, 2015