We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to patong in march 2014

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to patong in march 2014

Hi all my boyfriend and I booked to go to patong in march this year but now with seeing all this drama going on over there I'm starting to wonder if I still want to go if it will be unsafe to go seriously thinking about cancelling my trip is anyone else in my boat? I'm really worried that something bad might happen does anyone know exactly what is going on over there I don't get time to watch the news these days and instead of asking travel agents I'd rather ask real people

Thank you :)

London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Lots of posts asking the same question. In a nutshell, the demonstrations in Bangkok currently have no more affect on life on the islands than a fights in Sydney would make it dangerous to go to Tassie

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Thanks for the reply I don't know how to use this site properly so I haven't seen any of the questions the same as mine or I wouldn't of asked .. Well it's good to know that things are ok in patong

Thanks again for the reply.

Shellharbour...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Hi Kyla

My wife and I are also going over there in March and we are not worried in the least as Patong is a long way from Bangkok. We have been several times and just love the place

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,962 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

There is nothing to be worried about at all, even in Bangkok

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Hi jaynewcastle11 ,

Sorry for such late reply but thank you very much for your comment puts my mind at ease :) this will be our first time going over seas so I'm pretty jittery about everything / excited lol :) we go over on the 20th so not too long now :)

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Hi Johnmac2014,

I tried to send you a message but the Internet would not co-operate.

We are in Patong 2 to 10 March & would like to meet fellow TA Members for a drink or meal. I shall post an Invite on the Forum.

My email is johngor195@hotmail.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Check to see if your hotel has free pick up and drop off from airport.And just say no thank you to the time share people.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

We are going next week and had originally planned three day in Bangkok which we have just cancelled and so will now do the extra three nights in Phuket. Better to be safe than sorry and hey there are worse places in the world to be spending a lazy three nights. Am not worried at all about safety in Phuket,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

Hi, we are also going in March and April, staying in Bangkok and Phuket. We are not worried at all. Too far away and like the last problems in bangkok it is in a specific area. You just need to keep away from the areas that are in question.

Cant wait to get there.

Viv

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling to patong in march 2014

My friends jus flew into BKK on friday..dun worry..it isnt as chaotic as publish in news media...For me i will be going Patong & Khao Lak in 2 weeks time...Phuket is far away from BKK... So no worries & enjoy ur holiday!! =)