We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Hi all, I intend to visit Sunshine Bar this trip & was wondering if it is actually "ON" the beach? ie: would I be able to catch a glimpse of my teenager swimming from my comfy bar stool? Do they serve a decent feed? Thanks!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
757 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

its across the road from the ocean & road is full of traffic,

so doubt you would see anything.:)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Thanks Shawn h ,will visit anyway!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Nice bar ... but it's not really a swimming beach.

See Jamie Monk's blog on Rawai at …blogspot.com.au/2011/11/local-life-at-rawai…

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,933 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Michelle the Sunshine Bar does not really start happening until about 8pm. So you could have a nice dinner at one of the many restaurants along the beach road, we really like Salaloy Seafood, or you could go to Nikitas etc then head over to the Sunshine Bar.

If you teen does go in for a swim you will not see him at all from the bar, plus it will be dark. During the day there is always locals having a swim at Rawai Beach :)

Cathy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

thanks guys for your info. Looks like we will head over to Rawai for dinner then Sunshine Bar :)

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

You will have so much fun at sunshine bar! Its great "different" bar, with hats, sunglasses, wig's! Perfect place for a good night out!

Have fun!

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

What is sunshine bar?? Can you take kids there??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Hi everyone,

We just got home from a return visit to Phuket after 7 years. Back then, we did Sunshine bar with the old Friday BBQ and Richard, but that doesn't run anymore. However, we stayed in Rawai and had a big and very fun night at Sunshine bar! It was the best night out! As mentioned you should get there by 8pm to get a seat. By 9pm, the place is really jumping. The girls, boys and lady-boy wait staff play music, sing and dance, and all guests are welcome to join in, play tambourines and maracas, and put on wigs to join in with the fun. The bar is a large U shape and in the centre is a 'firemans' pole. You can climb up and ring the bell at the top. It is an awesome night out and children are very welcome - we had a few climb the pole when we were there. but I suggest it wouldn't be suitable to very young kids for the loud music.

I say anyone going to Phuket should get over to Rawai and have a fun night at Sunshine bar. There's many places to have dinner near by (Nikitas has a beautiful beach front setting, but the service and food were average at best) - try Monsoon instead for great Thai food, There are plenty of options along the main Rawai beach road and the beach front seafood BBQ places look good too! Ah Sunshine bar... so much fun and such a terrible head the next day...

- K

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Thanks...I can't wait. Can anyone tell me how long(time)/far(distance) it is from Patong (Merlin Beach Resort) to Rawai via Tuk Tuk??

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,933 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunshine Bar Rawai Beach

Allow about 30 minutes to get there.