We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to make a group booking?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to make a group booking?

There is a group of 16 of us travelling over March next year and I'm having trouble booking for the whole group. Most places want you to pay the total for all the rooms up front, and some are asking for half as a deposit on the 1 Credit Card. We're looking at around $3000-$4000 up front :-( Has anyone here booked for a large group? And what suggestions can you give me, TIA

P.S Would like to stay in Patong....30th March-6th April 2014.....6 Doubles, 2 Twin

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to make a group booking?

Sawaddee and some other local ones usually just want a deposit and the balance a few weeks before arrival, hoever I do believe it varies depending on which hotls / resort, anyway you can look and see what deposit they want, also you can make a request without giving them card details initially so you can see all the costs without having to commit to it right away

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to make a group booking?

hey there,

we planned our wedding a few years ago for Kamala which invloved booking rooms for 35 guests, we now do it as part of our business and one company we use is bookit.com also contact the hotels direct and they can organise good deals.

good luck Vinny

Unanderra
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to make a group booking?

Hi,

Try Travelonline.com.au, a Brisbane based company. I have used them a few times to book groups and had no problems. You can get a quote online and when confirmed a deposit on each room is required. From memory I think it was $200 per room. The balance is paid a few weeks before departure. Send me a pm if you need any further information.

Cheers

Judy

4. Re: Best way to make a group booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, December 03, 2013
5. Re: Best way to make a group booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 04, 2014