We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Really appreciate any info.

We are flying air Asia from perth to kl stopping there for 6 hours then flying to Phuket. Can you tell me how do I know if we gave to worry about collecting our baggages or does the airline arrange all this? Also I'm told there are 2 airports in kl. How will I know which one to go to?

Can someone recommend an excellent driver to pick us up from the airport & take us to our hotel in Kathu, Patong?

This is our first big trip overseas & I have no idea what to expect.

Melbourne...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

You will pick up your baggage in Phuket airport.nothing to worry about.From phuket airport just take taxi ,price 750 baht to patong (23$)

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
684 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Flying air asia you will fly into the LCCT (low cost carrier terminal). It is fairly small, not so clean and not much to do. McDonalds, Starbucks and some other eateries for food and drink. Also has a body shop (prices cheaper than Aus) we normally stop for3 hours or so and that's more than enough!!!

6 hours not really long enough to have a look around KL as the city is so far from the airport. Last time we were there it took over 2 hours to get into town. Don't want to risk missing your flight.

Try Boss at cheaper than hotel taxis for a price from the airport to your Patong hotel.

Cheers and happy holidays

Verrena

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Your baggage will be checked staright through so no problem, keep checking the departure board to see what the gate number is for the flight to Phuket then make your way there, there's nothing to worry about as it's all very straightforward.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,749 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Yes there are 2 airports in Kuala Lumpur, KUL at Sepang and SZB at Subang. Air Asia uses the LCCTerminal at KUL airport. So you will be using 1 terminal [building] for both your Perth Arrival and Phuket Depature at KUL.

Do you have a fly thru ticket. If you do then you don't have to worry.

If you don't then you will need to clear immigration, collect your bags and check in again, and you have plenty of time for this.

With 6 hours you don't really have time to go to the city, so you could check into the TUNE hotel (book beforehand is essential) ; get a taxi to Putrajaya, or just chill out in the airport or Premier Plaza Lounge.

Why worry about a driver, just get a taxi from the taxi stand at Phuket - come out of arrivals, turn right and walk to the end

We have many FAQs and other posts about simlar matters in the Kuala Lumpur forum tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g298570-i7008-Ku… also this very similar post from today tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k6…

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

Don't worry to check in, your baggage will be check in through it is no problem. Transportation to Patong beach have 3 choices, first join minivan can buy ticket at the airport 180 Thau Baht/person, second bus express frim airport cost 150 Thai Baht/person, third private taxi cost 650 Thai Baht/way. If you need driver number pm to me.

7. Re: Catching flights & traveling to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 14, 2014