We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

I know... Anther shoe question.

BUT! I'm wanting to know exactly what shop ppl went into to buy there vans and at want price? I'm looking at 700/750max!

If you can tell me close to the shop location that would be great.

Thank you everyone :) would be a great help.

Ps. Am looking at buying around 4 pairs.

Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Hi, just got back and bought a pair in the street markets paid 700bht and bought another 3 pairs from the super sports store in jungceylon for about 800bht each. I wanted the Converse lites which we had seen at jungceylon and no where else (though didn't look hard) so were prepared to pay the price of 850bht and when took them up to pay they were discounted to 800bht each which included Vat 52.86bht which you can claim back somehow at the airport. Believe me they are everywhere and depending on how hard you can barter makes a difference. I was happy to pay the prices I did as my daughter just said "Don't come back without any!"

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
745 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

we just back & on thaweewong road I paid 500baht for vans,refuse to pay any more & you will get them.Some sellers refuse at that price but go down around 4pm & see every one of them playing on their iphones & ipads (they are not poor these days just greedy).

Cannot remember exactly which store i bought mine as i did a lot of shopping.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Depends on what quality you want, for a couple of hundred baht more why pay for dodgy copies when you can buy the real deal at Sports World etc Jungceylon shopping centre in Patong Beach :)

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Hear hear Cathy...!!...And you could try top floor Ocean Plaza on Bangla Road for genuine Converse....!!

Canowindra, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Not sure about not poor these days... I know of thai people with iphones and ipads who sleep on the floor lol They just seem to have different priorities...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Does anybody know how much the real converse are you's on about in sports world.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Thanks Cathy, we will be looking in Jongceylon for mens clothes and vans shoes.

I don't like the comment about the Thais not being that poor though by others as they have I phones etc, 100 baht can mean a lot to them, to us it is not even the price of a coffee. Why haggle over such a small amount. I have heard that if they let you walk away then they can not afford to sell at that price as they will make the sale if they can. But each to their own, don't want to start an argument over what to pay.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

Does anyone know or has anyone bought a pair of converse high tops from Phuket, real ones from sports world or jungleycon and if so, how much are they? They are £40 minimum over here in the uk and my mum and dad are in Phuket now so if they are cheaper I will get them to get me a pair. Many thanks.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

I just looked on sports web site there is a shop in the main complex. (Cant spell it :-) ) there is leather converse 950 and hi tops for 1500 b which is like 30 quid am going next week am deffo gettin some when I arrive

10. Re: Wanting to know exactly what shop/s to by vans/converse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, October 26, 2013