We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phi phi or patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
phi phi or patong

Whats the key difference in PHI PHI and Patong

Is food the same - in terms of options in PHI PHI as PATONG

Are there more flies in PHI PHI?

Cheers

J

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,845 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phi phi or patong

I'm going to love reading the replies to this one I think :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phi phi or patong

Well I can only give a survey of fly numbers by counting the amount of flies on the backs of tourists and i can say that it is approximately the same amount on the back of each tourist in Patong and/or Koh Phi Phi...Taking into account there are more tourists in Patong....

The food in Koh Phi Phi is not the same as in Patong because....They are two different places and the restaurants in Patong choose to keep their meals/food in Patong and Koh Phi Phi restaurants and vendors choose to keep their food/meals on the island....So,answer...It's not the same food...!!

The key difference between the two...??...Avoid renting a motorcycle on Koh Phi Phi....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phi phi or patong

Phi Phi is an island with a comparatively few resorts, restarants and bars and a few hundred tourists on any one day. Patong is the most popular by visitor number in Thailand and one of a number of resort areas on Phuket, which is the largest island in Thailand and a province in its own right with hundreds of resorts, bars and restaurants and shops with tens of thousands ov visittors on any one day. It's like askin what is the difference in staying in the main part of Dubai and the desertt!

A little bit, actually a LOT of, research is suggested about Patong and Phi Phi away from TripAdvisor - Google is your best friend!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phi phi or patong

I've lived in Phuket for one and a half years and whilst I dont particularly like Patong I think it offers better value for money and is more varied than Phi Phi... but it depends what you want to do?

Although it does have some luxury resorts, Phi Phi is aimed mainly at the backpacker tourist. I spent 4 nights in Phi Phi a few months ago and whilst it has some nice beaches, its was very quiet (low season) and full of backpacking bogans... so possibly more flies but I think it would be too close to call! ;)

There seems to be no middle ground when it comes to hotel rooms in Phi Phi.. its cheap and nasty or expensive and nice (unless anyone knows different!?) For the same amount of money you pay in Phi Phi that would get you a fairly decent - ish room in Patong. I would say the food is far more varied and offers a better selection in Patong..

Edited: 6:37 am, October 02, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,269 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phi phi or patong

Like comparing salt and pepper.

Whats this thing with flies LOL

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: phi phi or patong

If you mean mosquitos then there's no difference between the two you need to use a good repellent.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: phi phi or patong

Thank you for the helpful reverts

Well the thing with mosquitoes is as we understand PHI PHI is a small island and mostly taken as day trips.....have read many reviews on mosquitoes......wana avoid the same .......hence asked as have not seen any such reviews in Patong

Thankssss

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phi phi or patong

You will never avoid mossies wherever you go in Thailand so take sensible precautions as advised.

9. Re: phi phi or patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 04, 2014