We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

I posted the message below yesterday, and it has disappeared (removed?). I believe it is relevant factual information for people travelling to Phuket and hence I am reposting. I can't think of a reason why it would've been removed, and I wasn't notified through TA that this was the case, but please let me know if there is a genuine reason why the below post isn't fair and relevant and I will remove it myself.

Hi everyone,

I haven't contributed to this forum for a while (got sick of the bickering), but have some information that I thought was important for travellers to Phuket to know regarding the fantastic driver and tour guide Panya Kamman. Reading recent posts, I can see there is a lot of confusion regarding communication with Panya. I know Panya personally so thought I would write this post with the facts of what has happened, so that people can feel confortable booking with him and clear the confusion.

Approximately one month ago, Panya's email account (panyak2009@live.com) and website (http://www.ppkktoursservice.com/index.php) was hacked into, presumably by someone wanting to poach customers and/ or damage Panya's excellent reputation as a driver/ tour guide in Phuket. This person was sending unauthorised emails from this address claiming to be Panya, and also added offensive material to his website. During this time, Panya used alternative email adresses (ppkktour@hotmail.com; panyak2013@.gmail.com) and facebook to make contact with customers. However, some customers he only had contact with through his original email and so a lot of confusion and mis-communication was caused. Panya and his wife contacted microsoft by email and phone, and have recently gained their original email account back. Their webmaster has removed unauthorised content on their website. All three emails mentioned above are genuine, and now all are being answered by the "real" Panya. They have increased their security on all accounts to prevent a similiar situation occuring in the future. Panya and his family are the lovliest, kindest and friendliest people who provide a superior service to their customers. We have used him on several occasions and this has been a highlight of our trips to Phuket. It breaks my heart that the nasty actions of someone else are affecting his business and reputation. Panya has not asked me to post this information, I thought it was important to post the facts for those confused.

Book with Panya, he is amazing and you certainly won't regret it!

I am happy to be contacted to confirm the above information or for Panya's phone numbers etc. through my tripadvisor account, just send me a PM.

Happy travels all,

Erin :-)

Being Tours and Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Elizabeth Andaman Tour
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Friendly Taxi & Tours Phuket
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Bump

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

I have also used Panya lots in our last 4 trips and have been to his house and meet his wife. he is an honest man

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

We are over here now. Have used Panya four times this trip already. We also used him five times last year as well. We had dinner together last night with his family. Very honest and polite man. Definately won't regret using him.sam

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Very reassuring as I am wanting to use the services of panya, I contacted him PM via FB I'm hoping this is the correct panya....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Thanks sam393, I had a reply from panya via FB but now concerned as to weather it is the correct one ????

Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

We have booked Panya several times and he is highly recommended buy us.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Erin I'm just wondering if I have the correct panya on FB as there are 2, can you please confirm thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

Erin we have also book our day trip with Panya for October end and got a mail from his end from the id you mentioned hacked so when it was happened? As we got a mail from his end on 4th October so should I have to worry about the originality of the mail?

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Problems booking with Panya Kamman - tour guide/ driver

He now has his email back and there is 2 Panya one is private one other is pic of him and wife on boat. He has been our driver for the last 4 trips