We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront in patong?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront in patong?

Hi there, I'm so tired of trawling endlessly through hotels that I'm coming here for advice! Are there any hotels actually situated on the beach in patong? We are looking for a nice hotel, as close to beach as piss, good nightlife nearby and a nice pool for about £100 per night for march 2014. Thanks in advance x

oldham, manchester
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront in patong?

Have you been before?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront in patong?

I've never stayed in patong only kata so don't know the area at all. (That last comment wasn't supposed to say close to beach as POSS not piss haha)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront in patong?

There's no hotels directly on the beach in Patong, maybe you should check out Koh Samui as most of the hotels are on the beach and Central Chaweng would suit you if you're looking for nightlife.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
735 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront in patong?

the impiana is on the beach,just past bangla rd.,

used to be 2 hotels there,but maybe tsunami got rid of one,

the one i stayed in was then was cabana & then there

was also bars oppossite so was extremely noisy.

bars have now moved.

at other end of thaweewong (beach rd.,) the seaview & a few others are across the road from beach.

get google maps & take a 'walk' through phuket.

Edited: 2:55 am, July 02, 2013
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront in patong?

Thankyou, we are doing 3 nights Chaweng beofre arriving in Phuket and have booked the Amari on the beach, was hoping to do something similar in Patong, but the Amari in patong is very expensive, more than our budget

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront in patong?

La Flora is right on the beach about 50 metres from Impiana.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,930 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront in patong?

If the beach is the priority then it's not Patong. If it's nightlife then it is Patong but it depends what you mean by "good". There are nicer beaches on Phuket than Patong that have a greater selection of resorts directly on them but direct beachfront is generally the most expensive and March is still High Season.

There are other destinations, such as Khao Lak (Hint, Hint!) which is just an hour north from Phuket Airport (quicker most times and far more pleasant journey than to Patong) and has over 25km of glorious beaches with accommodation directly on all of them with prices generally to meet all budgets. Night life is very restrained in comparison with Patong - but everywhere is! ;-)

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront in patong?

Haha i was in Khao Lak and Khao Sok last year! Loved it but feel it was too quiet for what we were looking for. This time its myself and a friend going so would like busy nightlife.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,930 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront in patong?

Well, you can't get any busier nightife than Patong, that's for sure! :-)

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront in patong?

Thanks, I love the look of the impiana but the cost is quite a bit over budget at 32000 baht for the 4 nights! Shame, looks like ill just have to miss out on the beach x