We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best buys in Patong

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best buys in Patong

Sorry for asking so many questions, but this seems like a great forum for getting an insight... Obviously while in Patong we'd like to do some shopping - all the usual stuff (DVDs, kids clothes, handbags, thongs and sandals, gifts for others, etc). Can you tell us what your 'best buy" in Patong or Phuket was? What should be avoided? Any recommendations on great shops?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best buys in Patong

Your best buys are dependant on whats best for you. For me jeans are always a great buy, but I have also bought lots of other great things lol

Michelle

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best buys in Patong

Hi Jo,

Lots of best buys, as Michelle said it all comes down to what you want, take a look over Cathy & Gary's web pages you will find lots of info on things to see and do as well as shopping guides, prices etc.

I personally think the weekend market at Phuket Town is better for prices as you don't have to Bargain as most are fixed prices. its open every Saturday and Sundays from around 4pm till around 10pm. Some of the best Thai food stalls here as many locals go to these markets.

In Patong Beach either Jindas Shop or the Patong O Top Market are also very good shopping areas but know the price of goods before you bargain for them, also do it with a smile!!

www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket.htm

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best buys in Patong

hahaha Really I think the best money I spend there is on my PST trips, but maybe thats not shopping lol

Just getting excited I think !!! 16 more sleeps and 2 PST trips yeah !!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best buys in Patong

We are also heading back to Patong in July and can't wait! When we were there in January we brought just about everything on offer - Jinda's shop did exceptionally well from us for T-Shirts which was great buys, but I think my best buy was some bamboo place mats (perfect for outside entertaining) for a 100 Baht for a pack of 4 with coasters from a market store at Jungceylon.

Edited: 4:43 am, May 25, 2013
Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best buys in Patong

The best buys in Phuket is all the great food at local restaurants. I don't think the goods is worth buying. The cheap stuff is fake and bad quality, and the real brands are priced at the same level as home.

Enjoy your holiday.

Only 20 days left, and I will be in Phuket for the 10th time.

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best buys in Patong

Levis!!!

At the Levis shop in Jungceylon, way cheaper than what you pay at home :)

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best buys in Patong

... and Poy Sian inhalers, always bring home a heap :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best buys in Patong

After many trips I've bought loads of things but the best one is a simple wind chime with a half coconut top and bamboo chimes underneath for 300 baht ($10AUS). It hangs on our deck and whenever a breeze blows it takes me back to Thailand. Satisfaction guarunteed.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best buys in Patong

Lemongrass room spray .one sniff and your senses take you back too!

Macksville...
Level Contributor
395 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best buys in Patong

Best buy was all the cheap tequila's at the Kiwi Bar in OTOP Markets,, LOL