We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phang Nga Bay Tour

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Phang Nga Bay Tour

Hey all! Does anyone know of any great and exciting tours from paying Patong Phuket to Phang Nga Bay? All websites and recommendations are welcome! Thank you!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

Phuket Sail Tours is the BEST. Highly recommended.

I did the Phang Nga speed boat tour in February 2013 and it was FANTASTIC.

The cost is more expensive than the 'run of the mill' companies but it is definitely worth it.

The guide Sompong (on my trip) was excellent. Both knowledgeable and fun. He knew the high and low tides in the area so timed the various visits to make sure the group's experiences were maximised. E.g. Arrived at one Hong at low tide so group could walk through cave with torches to reach inside of Hong on foot. Amazing experience.

Personal transport from your accommodation to Ao Por pier so no crowded minibuses picking up clients from a number of various locations. A bonus leaving from Ao Por pier because closer to Phang Nga area and speed boat gets to places ahead of the other tour boats and crowds.

The speed boat is not overcrowded. Maximum of 20 on each tour so much better than other tours who pack people in.

I've been to Phang Nga with one of the 'other' tour companies and, believe me, Phuket Sail Tours is massively more enjoyable. When I return to Phuket in December, I will be booking a couple of tours with PST again.

PST just gives you more time to enjoy and absorb the experiences.

Koh Panyee is unique and wonderful. Great food in the restaurants, interesting sights (including the young live chicks coloured pink, green and purple!!!) plus plenty of shopping opportunities.

As someone has already said, PST has an associated company NUDI tours which is equally excellent.

Enjoy yourselves whichever company takes you to Phang Nga.

Tia :)

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
98 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

We have been with Phuket sail and nudi tours and loved both friends went with a cheaper company and I said did you see the bird nest people or this or that and they said no nothing was explained where they were etc so go with the best

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

Thank you all for your posts! We are going to book a tour with PST! Thanks!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

Does anyone know of any other great companies that offer the Phang Nga Bay Tour!? Phuket Sail Tours isnt offering this tour on the day I am in Patong Phuket. : ( Thank you to all! I am also looking at Simba Tours. I was hoping you all could provide some other ones just in case :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

John Gray's tour is worthy of being on the short list. We've been out with them to Phangna on their hong by starlight tour 3 times over the years and each occasion has been truly memorable. Friends and family that we have recommended to John Gray have all come back with glowing reports. johngray-seacanoe.com/thailand/hong-by-starl…

Reviews herehttp://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1215781-d639970-Reviews-John_Gray_s_Sea_Canoe-Phuket_Town_Phuket.html#REVIEWS

Cheers

Edited: 5:08 pm, May 03, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

Apologies for cross posting this - any opinion on pros and cons re impact of say July type weather re sail or speed boat?

Thanks!

17. Re: Phang Nga Bay Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014