We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Accoomidation Recomendations

Melbourne...
1 post
Save Topic
Patong Accoomidation Recomendations

Hi all,

My sister and i are headed to patong in august (her first trip and my second) and i would love to hear any opinions on accommodation you can give me.

Contrary to other travelers experiences last year i went with a friend to patong on a groupon voucher and stayed at Baan Yuree Resort and Spa. We had a great time, though

i must warn others that it was definately not the 4 star hotel rating that it promised, but honestly we didnt mind. i loved the fact that it felt like we were actually in thialand and not just a hotel that could be back in melbourne. We also liked the fact that it wasnt an overly large hotel and felt very private and welcoming. Our favourite past time was the swim up pool bar, my fondest memories were sitting in the water joking with the staff and trying all the cocktails.

i would obviously like to try somewhere else on this visit and was hoping people could could give me some advice.

Key themes im looking at:

- Smallish hotel/resort

- Thia Feel (not sterile/bland city hotel)

- Pool Bar a Bonus

- Aiming for around the $100p/n range

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong Accoomidation Recomendations

have a look at patong merlin absolutely love if because of location and gardens and pools only 3 and a half star but quality for price is pretty good

2. Re: Patong Accoomidation Recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 01, 2014