We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrol prices in Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
Level Contributor
3 posts
102 reviews
Petrol prices in Phuket

Could anyone tell me the current price of fuel in phuket as of Feb 2013. Much appreciated.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
1. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

You can see the current prices for all kinds of fuel in Bangkok here: http://www.eppo.go.th/retail_prices.html

Maybe add a little for Phuket prices.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
2. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

They change a bit fairly often to reflect the price of oil, down sometimes are well as up. Most 'petrol' is in fact a form of ethanol ('gasohol'), and diesel is the cheapest fuel.

NSW
Level Contributor
3 posts
102 reviews
3. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Thanks to Gippy 3000. I checked the sight you suggested and found it very helpful. Your help is appreciated. Travel well.

From Crossborder Traveller

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Not much difference from Australia.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
279 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Well that may depend on were you live. Petrol in Phuket around $1.03 here is Tasmania at the moment $1.53, not sure in other states.

So to the Thai people it's very expensive. If we were to consider the minimum wage in Phuket of 300bt ($9.50) per day it's very expensive indeed.

I think fuel is expensive here but it doen't cost me 10% of my wage just for 1Lt. Anyway $1.03 per Lt is cheap to us.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Yes, that was my point. Not a lot of difference from Australia, but very expensive for Thais. It has gone up about 8 baht from last June.

Petrol in Qld varies greatly. I got some today for $1.36 but some servos were $1.59. We are just being ripped off.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
279 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Yes ripped off by our ever thirsty gov ! & how about the price of bottled water in Au 1 1/2 times the cost of fuel & the stuff falls from the sky!!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
8. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

I don't think the prices are very expensive for Thai's. People on a low income will use public transport or have a scooter. I do all my shopping and errands on a scooter and put about 100 baht of fuel in a month, hardly breaking the bank. Compared to 5 years ago the prices are better, diesel was over 40 baht a litre compared to 30 now.

NSW
Level Contributor
3 posts
102 reviews
9. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

Thank you to all those who answered my question about fuel prices in Phuket. I think I have that sorted.

Could I now ask which rental company people suggest to rent a car?

Also, the best tours to Phi Phi Island and for exploring the limestone caves.

Thanks in anticipation.

Crossborder Traveller

10. Re: Petrol prices in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014