We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to visit in Patong please?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mugla, Turkey
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
places to visit in Patong please?

Myself and my husband are going to Patong in 2 weeks - our first time in Thailand - we are staying at the Destinatıon Patong/Courtyard Marriott - can anyone recommed places to go at night and any day trips you recommed.. we are in our late 30s early 40s - Also any good seafood/steakhouse restaurants pls.. Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to visit in Patong please?

Definately do Phang Na Bay tour or Hongs by starlight, Phang Na much nicer than Phi PhI which can be overun with tourist groups this time of year. Book early with the better tours as they do get busy. See site below for recommendations:

Fantasea show

Simons cabaret

Cooking class

Rawai beach or Chalong for seafood

Sams Steakhouse at Holiday Inn: always popular and right across the road to Destination.

Hard Rock is right next door also, if you like that sort of thing, I personally like to sample the local cuisine.

Number 6 restaurant up the hill for the sunset.

Rang Hill in Phuket town,

Phuket town day trip

www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com

has all the info you will need. Cheers, Sue

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
12 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to visit in Patong please?

Lake view Seafood Restaurant is a really good option also! Your choice of fresh (i.e. still alive) lobster, tiger prawns, fish etc cooked in Thai, Chinese or Western style. Options of open air, covered or air conditioned seating. Pls note the fresh items are priced by their live weight.

Located on 2/59 Sai Nam Yen Road, next to Patong Boxing Stadium and Bungy Jump. We tried the local Thai style and everything was delicious and large portions! Chef even provided a Tom Yum soup for free and that was excellent as well!

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to visit in Patong please?

I would give Hard Rock Cafe a very wide berth. I love Hard Rock's generally but the one in Patong is ludicrously expensive in local comparisons, even when you take into account that Patong is a tourist town. Service would have to be up there with some of the worst I have experienced anywhere and the food was very very ordinary. We gave it two chances, the first was average but the towels were nice and cold, the second for dinner was appalling.

Rawaii Beach is amazing for seafood, I was blown away with both the quality, price and the simple concept where you buy it from the fisherman and take it to the restaurant of your choice to have it cooked. The restaurants are simple rustic open air shacks on the beach that will cook your dishes for you for around one AUD per dish. It's just brilliant.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to visit in Patong please?

You have not mentioned the number of days staying in Patong / Phuket.

On our recent visit we saw Simon Cabaret, Fantesea Show and tour to Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Islands).

If you stays for about a week or so, you can quite a few more attractions.

tripadvisor.in/Attractions-g293915-Activitie…

Night life primarily is at Bangla Road.

Do not know much about restaurents, but heard about Nickys Handlebar.

5. Re: places to visit in Patong please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 17, 2014