We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private driver for a day

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
private driver for a day

Hi all

me and my partner are coming to Phuket/Patong for 11 days in April and we love the idea of getting a driver to take us around all the beaches we want to see

whats the going rate to hire a personal driver / taxi for a day?

do they do a fixed rate?

thanks for your help

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private driver for a day

Allanah, on the link below down towards the bottom of the page is a list of highly recommended drivers in Phuket, they have fixed rates, email them & they will give you ideas of what to see etc plus prices.

Cathy

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

Adelaide
Level Contributor
354 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private driver for a day

Can't go past the ones recommended with Cathy.

We have used Panya before, lovely man. But we have used Mr Sam now on more than a dozen occasions and just love him!

You need to focus on what he's saying (good but broken English) but he is a fully licensed travel guide also & has a great sense of humor!

He's good to email or SMS.

Sam :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private driver for a day

Lek landen gets good reviews if Panya is busy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private driver for a day

We went to Phuket in December and there were 9 of us we just talked to the drivers in the street with a mini van and negotiated a price.

We paid 1500 baht to go to the Big Buddah, the temple, the look out, the factory outlet and back to our hotel for 9 of us. (we were out form 930 to 5pm)

He also took the 9 of us out to the Phuket town market and came back 4 hours later to take us home for 500 baht.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private driver for a day

The driver we have used on every occasion is pong speaks great English and has a clean comfortable car and mini van if required

Polite and punctual

His airport rate is 700bht and approximately 1000baht for day tour spending on how many people

Tell him Eddie from Australia sent u and he'll give a better rate

His number is +668-1538-3431 from outside Thailand call or text he is prompt

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private driver for a day

Our favourite drivers and good friends are:

John - email john_potchakit@hotmail.com

or Jimmy - email phuket_network@hotmail.com

Both very trustworthy, honest, clean vans, good english, friendly!

Tell them Drac & Bec recommended :)

7. Re: private driver for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:29 am, January 19, 2013
Edited: 9:29 am, January 19, 2013
Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: private driver for a day

Thanks guys I'm off to Phuket Wednesday now I'll have a great list of trustworthy contacts

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private driver for a day

Panya is our choice have had him on the last too trips and nothing is too much trouble. he even took me to the blood bank in phuket so i could donate blood and had his wife come to interprete for me. next visit they had gone to blood bank and got my donor card for me but as i had had medical problems couldn't donate that time. we have booked him in march when we are there again

http://www.ppkktoursservice.com/index.php

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private driver for a day

This is an amazing response, thank you all for your help :) I'll be sure to use at least one of these contacts