We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Hi all,

Im so confused with the amount of options.

Im after a large hotel with sea views (preferably from bedroom)

Needs to have a swim up bar and more than 2 swimming pools.

4 - 5 star but under 180 per night..

My options so far:

Merlin beach resort

Holiday inn

Novotel

However it seems there are 2 Holiday inns and 2 merlins... Any idea which is better?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

I have similar questions! Looking forward to seeing responses! :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Try Amari in south Patong., although I don't know if they have swim-up bar.

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Stayed at the Patong Merlin in June 2012 and it is beautiful. A swim up bar, and 2 other pools! I wouldnt call then "ocen view rooms" but from the balcony if you stand on tippie toes and if it is a clear day you do have "ocean glimpses" The accommodation is at the front of the resort and a restaurant, day spa, dentist etc at the back near the beach.

They do have beautiful pool view rooms that looked amazing (you can only book these if you do not have children as your balcony literally has its own entrance to the pool and would be dangerous for kids)

We had dinner and drinks one night at the holiday inn and it is also a very beautiful resort perhaps a little busier than the Patong Merlin.

Keep in mind direct views of Patong beach are nothing spectacular and not something you would really want to see out of your balcony anyway...if you want nice scenery I wouldnt recommend Patong beach maybe something like Centara Beach Resort up on the hill would be more suitable.

Enjoy!! :)

4. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, January 02, 2013
geelong
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

I agree with the above we stayed at the patong merlin in october last year really love it

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

There is only 1 Merlin in Patong ( though there is another one in Phuket Town )

H/Inn is the resort and there is also now H/Inn Express near Andaman Embrace ( used to be Club Andaman ).

High rise with good views the Patong Beach Hotel ( no idea if swim up bar ) very central close to Soi Bangla

There is also Andaman Beach Suites which is high rise and good views, again no idea if the bar is swim up or not

The Centara Grand beach Resort is north end of Karon Beach. There is also Centara Villas which is very much for couples that has amazing view but again that is north end of Karon

Edited: 5:44 am, January 02, 2013
Perth
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

FYI the Novotel quoted me 4000 THB per night for an ocean view room (quote via contacting them direct on email).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Patong can be very busy and we stay at one of the quieter beaches. Less noise and for less you can stay closer to the beach. You might want to look further afield. To get into Patong we simply hire a driver.

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

there is another merlin and its called merlin beach there is a shuttle to and from the patong merlin a few times a day the merlin beach is south of patong beach up and down the hill to far to walk into patong but it is a lovely hotel haven't stayed there but took the shuttle for the day it has a swim up bar and huge pools and private beach they are part of the merlin group we stayed at patong merlin for the 5th time and are heading there again in may rooms are basic but very clean choice of 4 pools but find that the fact it is sooo close to everything is its real draw card

Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Patong, So confusing! where to stay?

Try Duangjitt resort. Truly epic groomed grounds. And massive swimming pools