We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellery

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
jewellery

hi my hubby wants to buy me a new engagement ring as i lost my old .can anyone recamend a good jewellers please

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jewellery

Have a look at P&C Jewellery at the southern end of Patong beach, opposite the Holiday Inn, very popular place. Wang Talang also have a huge selection of beautiful diamond rings, just make sure you get their prices down:)

Cathy

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jewellery

Also check out The World of Gems. If you go, try and make your own way there as the drivers get paid commissions. This way you will have more bargaining power as they do not have to pay out commission.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jewellery

Hi

we have used P&C jeweller a few times and always had excellent service and the workmanship is of a very high quality, Mr Chuchai is very professional and helpful, it is a small family run business

we had my daughter's engagement ring re vamped and her wedding ring made from scratch which Chuchai helped design and then made, it turned out just beautiful, also had other pieces of jewellery made and bought some in the shop, highly recommend them

email: pc_jewelry@hotmail.com

directions already given by Cathy

cheers

Mossy :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: jewellery

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on the thread, but mossy can you give an idea of prices paid for rings made for you? And were they gold or white gold or silver etc? And diamonds?

Just trying to get a guide to compare to for my holiday next year April/May.

Cheers

Jason

Edited: 5:22 am, December 03, 2012
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jewellery

Hi Jason

the wedding ring was 18ct gold band with 2 rows of small diamond around half the band (40 in all) cost $520 and is excellent quality, same type ring and quality here is around $900-$100...however, it will all depend on the price of gold at the time you go, that will determine the price!

you could email Mr Chuchai if you have an idea of what you want and see if you can get a rough quote

cheers

mossy :)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jewellery

Thanks for your help mossy , can u hagle on the price or is it a fixed price ,

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jewellery

Mr Chuchai will give you a price and if you are happy you agree and go from there, if not you can try negotiate another price!! but we didn't!

his prices are very reasonable anyway, so no need to haggle over the prices....and as i said it depends on when you go and gold prices at the time!!

happy planning :)

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jewellery

My wife who is Thai and from Phuket advises to haggle for best price, most dealers will give a discount.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jewellery

As the others have said p&c jewellers great work and very professional. Got my wedding ring resized went up 4 sizes for a 1/4 of the price of getting it done here. As well as bought wife a ring got her wedding rings cleaned for free as we bought some other earrings in there as well. Will be going back for a look in January.

10. Re: jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 17, 2013