We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

After trying to book a holiday with a friend unsuccessfully due to my friends being unreliable .I am now focusing on going on my own to Patong over xmas and New Year.I dont like being in UK over this period due to some family bereavements that have happened recently.

I wanted to know does anybody recommend any hotels around this area that are close enough to the action but not too close if you know what I mean(somewhere I can chill out).Where I can also meet fellow single travelers?My budget is a max of 30 GBP per night.I would like a pool and a bar but not looking for anything too extravagant,mainly want a good atmosphere with like minded people.I am now mid 30's but I'm young at heart some people might say childish ;-)I have read on here that it may be best to only book a few nights accommodation then look whilst you are there????

Also are there any activities/places that are recommended??I think I will be going Scuba Diving to finish a course that I started last year in sharm Sea Bees Diving would seem to be a good choice from the reviews??

One more question where is best place to exchange currency in the Uk or in Thailand

Many thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Mid-thirties ?? You are just a chicken ! Life begins at 40 and you are not there yet!

If you can get to Patong at Xmas/New Year – do it! New Year’s Eve in Patong will be something you will never forget. The fireworks, the atmosphere, a whole town in party-mode and as they say, lots more.

This will be a “peak” period so that accommodation is more expensive and scarce. Google “asiarooms”. There are a few in your price range. I would get on to booking A.S.A.P. before the place fills up.

As for what to do, google “cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket” or click on “Things to Do” at the top of this page. Mostly if you move around town you will make friends and the rest will take care of itself.

I believe it is better to exchange your money in Thailand.

(We are Phuket tragics and have been there the last 2 new years and are going again this year. That’s has to say something.)

Tragic

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Yes

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

As tragic says, change your money in Phuket. You get a much better rate.

Sorry can't help you with the rest as we travel as a family of 6. So many experts on here, I'm sure they will help.

Enjoy it when you go.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

i visit patong roughly twice a year ,and stayed for 4 weeks last xmas/new year

i always trav alone heres a vid of what to expect

www.youtube.com/watch…

checkout

www.summerbreezehotel.com/roomrates.htm

and

http://www.ps2bungalow.com/facilities.html

p/m me if u need more info

andy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Ok thanks everyone for your help,Not quite made my mind up yet.Im also considering taking a Diving Holiday (maybe Bali)instead because there may be more single people with more in common with me!!!

Anyway I will have to make a decision soon or everything will be fully booked as you have pointed out.Thanks for taking the time to reply

SPAIN
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Hi,

I am also considering getting out of Europe for the whole christams period. I went to Patong many years ago, and am thnking of this or Pattya. My e mail adress is inr1902@hotmail.com If possible I would like to ask you soe other questions re hotels, night life etc. Could you mail me when good for you. Thanks. Ian

SPAIN
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Hi,

I am also thinking of Patong for the period from about 20th december to 14th jan. Can you suggest a reasobaly priced hotel close to the action, but, without noise when in room. Thaks Ian

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Good videos by the way Andy looks pretty wild

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

Well I've gone and booked it anyway,staying at the Yorkshire Inn Patong (15/12/12 - 31/12/12 ) let the good times begin!!

10. Re: Xmas and New Year in Patong the right choice for singleman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 11, 2013