We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than two weeks to go!

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Less than two weeks to go!

Woo hoo!! I think we're finally organised!! I've decided against any form of card or cheque, we are both taking AUD to change over on the streets day by day.. I was worried about room safes, but have taken a step back and gained a little faith in us humans/thefts haha. I have bought a small lockable travel bag to store in the safe so our $$/passports aren't just out in the open if it is opened! I realise someone could just pinch the bag.. But I figure if we tip our cleaners accordingly, they should look after us and not want to think about being sneaky! Friendly and polite is the way to go I reckon.. Even if we are being treated rudely. Gotta be safe! Printed out passport copies, got all scripts with a letter from the doc, dentist confirmation I even typed a full itinerary for us and our folks! Written down all the numbers & emails for our tours, bought us both hand sanitiser, wipes & deodorant for the plane & our Singapore stopover (and Patong) It seems as though carry on is gonna be more packed than check-in.. Pretty sure I have not missed a thing, although I haven't mentioned everything, if there's anything I may have missed please let me know, ideas and advice are always welcome! We're also bringing our visas for back up and we'll have our drivers licenses too. Oh and we've both managed to put away almost $2000 each to spend.. Looks like its gonna be a fun 12 days! Cheers guys, you're all awesome :)

P.S. We've got locks and coded zip ties.. Should we bother with wrapping our luggage? I must admit, I am a little worried about it being tampered with.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

Sounds like you are pretty well covered, have a great holiday, $2K each will be heaps.

I always scan my important documents (passports, flight itineraries, travel insurance, drivers licences, bank & credit card contact details etc) and email them to my Hotmail email account.

I can access this email account from any computer so if everything were to go missing I can access copies with relative ease.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

@evomal We have mozzie spray, made sure that was on the top of the list!! As for the sealed plastic bag, yep I thought my makeup would belong in there along with my medication, hand sanitizer & hand cream etc. We are allowed no more than 1L, with each item being under 100mL. All bigger stuff can go in my check-in!!

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

Hi Olivia b. Have they changed the rules recently? It used to be 100ml in total per person. Just check because I would hate for u to be held up at security with everyone waiting behind u.... Lol I say that from experience lol

Have a great holiday

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

No it's not 100ml total, you can take as much as you like as long as each item isn't more than 100ml and fits in the plastic bag that you can get at the airport.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

It's 1L per person, if it was unlimited then all hell would break loose! Thanks for all your help guys :)

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

Ok, Now I'm confused...LOL..always thought it was 100ml limit, all this time... I suppose you learn something new each day.

17. Re: Less than two weeks to go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013