We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go

Hi All, I arrive in Patong Oct 21st, this is our 3rd time but we are looking for something different this time. I am considering hiring a car for a week and travelling to other parts of Thailand, maybe 2-3hrs drive at the most. Does anyone have any recommendations where to go? I am interested in seeing other parts of the country ie villages, towns a bit off the tourist route.

Thanks,

Stan.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go

Hi Stan. Don't know if this interests you or not, but have you seen the post on here fora Racha Island trip on the 22nd ? Does not cover villages but at least its not the common boat trip that everyone does. Should be an amazing day

Michelle

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go

Hi Stan. Google cathyandgarystravelpages. Heaps of info there.

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Edited: 7:13 pm, September 18, 2012
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go

Khao Lak is under a 2 hour drive north of Phuket, great place to stay, a lot quieter than Phuket, but heaps to do and see.

Ao Nang at Krabi is also in your driving time zone, also a great destination.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go

Hey Michelle,

My hubby and I have booked a Racha Island trip on the 22nd with Phuket Sail tours... is that the one that you are referring to?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go

Hi

Agree with all above! :D Racha and Coral Islands ,Khao Lak will be good day trips.

Have you been to Hat Nai Harn in Phuket? If no, drive to visit there it's nice beach or you can drive to PhangNga to visit Khao Lak, Wat SuwanNaKhuHa to see beautiful reclining buddha ,and then go to Krabi. (:

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go

Hi Stan ,

A drive up to Koh Lak would be nice . Also a drive to Krabi and then a night there is also just within the 3 hours drive you mentioned .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go

Thanks everyone for your response, i will definitely try some of these places. I will update on my return. Again thanks for taking the time to reply to my message.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go

Hi Annorah I am doing Racha on the 15th, BOM on here is on the trip on the 22nd, its going to be great

Michelle

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go

Ah! That's great! We are really looking forward to it.. Might catch you all at Nicky's on the 22nd xx

10. Re: Where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013