We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket first timers

perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
phuket first timers

we are elderly but fairly fit and celebrating 40 yrs marriage, can you advise us on the price of tours and approximate cost per day for meals and drinks as we want to bring cash; also can you recommend a driver for showing us around and any other info such as reliable places to buy DVD's/ tailor etc.

Thanks a heap.

Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket first timers

Panya kamman is a great driver. panyak2009@live.com

Had him a few days ago. And everybody here on tripadvisor recommends him

DVDs are for sale everywhere. But handycam jobs all the way!

'break point' is great for food. Really cheap and tasty. Opposite sweet restaurant which is good, but not as cheap.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket first timers

Agree about Panya. $150 per day would be ample spending money, as long as you did not do tours everyday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket first timers

Phuket Sail Tours is a must, if you only do one tour in Phuket this is it.

Any of their trips are great , but my Fav is Phang Nga Caves and Hongs by Sail Boat. But you can also do Phang Nga by Speed boat, they also do Phi Phi. This trip will cost just over $100 per person, but worth ev ery cent. You wont regreat it. Captain Mark( Aust) and his fantastic crew (Thai) will look after you and your saftey is their priority.

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

Agreed with Panya, and day tour of the sights and locations on Phuket is the 2nd best Trip you will do on Phuket.

We work on $100 per day, and usually bring back change.

Happy Planning

Michelle

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket first timers

Not sure about the driver but about US$ 150 - 200 in my opinion per day per person as you are coming for celebrating your 40 year of marriage!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket first timers

I can recommend you contact Offspray Leisure for tours to the Phi Phi Islands , a great way to celebrate your 40th wedding anniversary .

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: phuket first timers

Peach Tailors in Patong is a good place to get shirts and suits made up . As Globe Trotter suggests , Offspray Leisure do a good trip to Phi Phi sightseeing and snorkeling .

oxford england
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: phuket first timers

if they anwser e mails

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
63 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phuket first timers

Simba Sea Trips try them! very quick and efficient at their emailing. Owners are australian ( i believe) roughly $100 per trip!

Ive also booked a day trip with Panya, he is also very quick at emailing you back to book you in!

Edited: 2:13 am, August 14, 2012
perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: phuket first timers

Thanks globetrotter, and a long time since I left your city by the way,

perth cheap

perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: phuket first timers

Thanks David, Brad and Leanda for your input.

Perth cheap