We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Songkran 2013"

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
"Songkran 2013"

Hi all,

Yes I can finally say WE HAVE BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS and a little excited.

We know it is a long way off until April 2013 but we had the best time with the water fights we decided when we go back we had to be there on the 12th and 13th of April.

Ps. I hope bike week will be on also.

Now to book some accomadation.

Nellie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: "Songkran 2013"

Howdy all,

We have been travelling to Phuket and surrounds annually for the last 7 years. This year was the first time that we experienced Songkran and it was fantastic. We spent it at the Sheraton in Krabi and the hotel put an a full afternoon of water filled fun, as well as some traditional ceremonies, which were very special to be part of.

We will be back again during Songkran next year, looking forward to seeing all of the happy and smiling Thais enjoying themselves and introducing people from all across the world to more of the Thai culture and traditions.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
360 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: "Songkran 2013"

Songkran is the best... Time for this 43 year old to be 12 again. Christie, don't buy a small water pistol..buy a big one! Nothing better than having a beer and water battle to cleanz the soul. Ringo has the best spot for a break ( no water guns allowed ) but the action right outside.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: "Songkran 2013"

Yes I think I'll get my water weapon over there as suggested. Taking two newbies so the trip this time will be really exciting. Just got to get through my USA Trip in December & then Thailand here we come :) Guys is it super hot in April I've normally been November / December / January?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: "Songkran 2013"

ChristieC,

April 2012 when we went was hot, hot, hot!

You can get your super soakers in the streets or I found the best one for me in Big C.

It had a backpack water tank.

Safe travels

Nellie

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: "Songkran 2013"

Some bars charge for refils if you are not drinking there. If you are a customer of the bar you won't get charged.

The money goes either to the person filling your gun (so they can buy themself a drink lol) or it goes to buying huge chunks ice which makes the water ice cold.

Songkran is great fun for everyone of all ages, just imagine going down your local high street in the peak of summer and everyone standing outside all the shops with water pistols and big smiles on thier faces.

Been to songkran twice now and will keep coming every year.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: "Songkran 2013"

Charging for refills? I have never heard or seen that, and if I were to experience it myself I for sure would not pay one single setang.

Okinawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: "Songkran 2013"

If you had to choose where to go for Songkran would you go to Phuket, Bangkok, or Chaing Mai?

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: "Songkran 2013"

We too will be there for water festival. Sitting here in patong as we speak, so not too long to wait till next trip, kids will love the water fun!!......we got great deals on airasia, but will have 2 days in kl, 8 days chiang rai and chiang Mai, then 14 days Phuket! W try and book all our flights close to 1 year in advance, makes it very cheap!!

Enjoy

Ps and mossy.......haven't even had a pancake yet! Been here 10 days! Oh the shame!!!

Shona

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: "Songkran 2013"

We too will be there for water festival. Sitting here in patong as we speak, so not too long to wait till next trip, kids will love the water fun!!......we got great deals on airasia, but will have 2 days in kl, 8 days chiang rai and chiang Mai, then 14 days Phuket! W try and book all our flights close to 1 year in advance, makes it very cheap!!

Enjoy

Ps and mossy.......haven't even had a pancake yet! Been here 10 days! Oh the shame!!!

Shona

Melbourne...
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: "Songkran 2013"

I will be there for Songkran for the first time next year, I so can't wait. I have herd it's so much fun. I will be in Patong hopefully it will be good ere to :)