We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

Please inform if any reliable / good bike / scooter rental companies at Patong and the rates

Mentioned in this post
At Patong Hotel
At Patong Hotel
55 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

Not sure I would rent a bike/scooter in Patong at all far too many scam artists in Phuket in general.

I have hired scooters in lots of different places in Thailand without any problems at all but would not do it in Phuket!

Also be aware unless you have a valid licence for the bike you are renting and an international driving permit you may find yourself contrary to the law (thus allowing Phuket Police to make a nice living out of you) and you may also find that you are not insured.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

ask your hotel , they may have bikes for rental, very risky though, as chris says

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

I think most hotels have bike rentals, there is also an older man on the beach road with a wonky eye and his name is Mr Saang pronounced sayang i think, we hired a scooter from him last year and he was a very kind man.

He was locatated on the sth end of bangla road.

4. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:51 am, April 27, 2012
Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

It will be more expensive to rent through a hotel. Loads of places to rent on Nanai Rd. Hotel maybe 200thb per day or 150/180thb per day on Nanai

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

Hi

Not recommend to rent a motorbike when something happens a lots of problems coming to you

- if you don,t have a license the police man will stop you and you need to pay.

- a lots of mountain on Phuket island dangerous for driving.

- insurance is not cover if you don,t have a license

This is my recommendation.

Regards.

Lucamalee

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

There are lots of reputable Bike Hire places. Message me if you want to know a very reputable one ;-)

Oridan, IMO Phuket is not the place to learn to ride. In Aus you can do a weekend course and get a licence before you come.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
8. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:51 am, April 27, 2012
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

Lot harder than that Brio to get bike license (in South Australia), need to do Rider safe course first, then apply for Learners, then do advanced Rider safe courses & if you pass that then apply for R license, takes months, then after 12 mths you can apply for unrestricted R License.

Very scary thought for anyone involved in an accident without the correct license! Would not recommend it at all.

Cathy

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Bike / Scooter rental at Patong

You also need to check your travel insurance because you are probably not covered if you don't have a license. Oridin, there is also a reason why you are supposed to wear a helmet....they are NOT a fashion statement! Have you ever had a fractured skull? I've been around motorbikes while I was growing up and falling off is NOT fun, especially if you are one of the idiots who rides around in shorts and thongs!

Edited: 10:55 pm, April 26, 2012