We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free food in Patong???

Townsville...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free food in Patong???

Hi,

I am a coeliac travelling to Phuket for 8 days in June. Being a coeliac means I can only eat gluten and wheat free food. Will I have much trouble finding gluten free food at restaurants and on the street? Also, will it be easy for me to communicate with restaurant staff to explain my situation? It would be a bummer constantly getting sick on my holiday.

Any advice will help. Thank you!

4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

I am Coeliac & have been to Phuket twice with no problems as Thai food is gluten free by ingredient ! I also have a card written inThai that I can show at restaurants which explains the gluten free concept (obtained from the Coeliac Society web site)

Enjoy ! The food is fabulous

4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

I am Coeliac & have been to Phuket twice with no problems as Thai food is gluten free by ingredient ! I also have a card written inThai that I can show at restaurants which explains the gluten free concept (obtained from the Coeliac Society web site)

Enjoy ! The food is fabulous

Just a thought if you haven't already,request a gluten free meal with your airline to ensure you get fed on the flight to & fro.

13. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:57 am, October 22, 2013
Noosaville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

We were fortunate to meet with Krister from The Two Chefs in Kata. We could not have hoped to meet a friendlier or more helpful person with regard to obtaining gluten free bread. He just need a few days notice. Two Chefs can also provide other gluten free products. Peter from Australia

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

I travel to Thailand every year and have no problem eating strictly gluten free. I always take my Gluten Free Travel Guide...a little book produced by the Coeliac Society, it has translations in every language of what coeliacs can and can't eat. One of the best things about travelling to Thailand IMO is being able to buy Lay's Stax, the best gluten free chips (like Pringles) as I can no longer get these in Australia.

16. Re: Gluten Free food in Patong???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 24, 2014