We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Hi Can you tell me what hotel is nicer for the Pool Access Room I know you can vist both . Thanks

sunshine
Level Contributor
34 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

I am travelling with a friend next May where two ladies in our fiftys and have booked a seaview premium deluxe room can any one tell me are these rooms also corner rooms as looking at the picture on the internet there are corner rooms with what appears to have larger balconeys

what time does the shuttle service from the hotel into Patong start and finish and how much do you pay a taxi for the return trip

Is there a reason the shuttle doesnt take guests back

thankyou

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Hi we have just returned from MBR and loved it. Since returning have email resort for a booking next July, the travel agent is alot cheaper as they offer pay 5 nights stay for 10. Wheras resort only did a per night rate which was $800 NZ per room more expensive.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Hi rhonda, the premium delux rooms face the beach front but not sure if they are the corner rooms?, as they also have some suites on the front too, the hotel could tell you this if you email them, sorry but not quite sure on that one

the hotel shuttle does bring you back to the resort if you book it for a return, however if you are returning after their last bus home then you would need to get a taxi or tuk tuk, this was half the fun for us having the ride back through the winding roads at the speed of light, something i wouldn't want my kids to do so don't tell them ok lol

taxi or tuk tuk cost around 250bhat from ouside of Otop markets

not sure if they have updated the shuttle times recently but they run 4x a day, first one is at 10am and they have one at 5pm too and couple other times in between!

have fun :-)

sunshine
Level Contributor
34 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Hi mossy thanks for information do you think this is the best property to stay in at Patong also do you know if May is a good time to go there we arrive on the 20 and leave for chiang mai on the 28 May i have read its the wetest time also is there lots to do there I am lucky my booking is with qantas so it can be changed as i havent booked the flights between that wont be until december with thai i am not a beach person but love shopping and sightseeing as long as its not in a long boat my favourite destination in thailand is chiang mai and chiang rai for shopping I like to buy good wood items and thai cultural items i just love thailand and the people i have been travelling there for 20 years bur never been to phuket mainly beause people have said its to touristy but my friend wants to go

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

Hi rhonda...."Is this the best resort to stay at in patong"? IMO it is 'one' of the best, but to say its the best is really up to the individual person and what they are looking for? I like the location as it is far enough out of town to be relaxing but close enough to go in when you want to, there isn't any shops etc within walking distance of the resort, a couple restaurants but thats all!!! If you prefer to be within walking distance to shops, dining etc without the need for taxis and shuttles then maybe look at Holiday Inn (Busakorn wing) Patong Merlin (new wing) not beach views with these resorts except the Deluxe seaview rooms in main wing HI, Graceland Resort north end is good, I have stayed here too, a nice 10-15 min walk into main part of town, plenty of everything you need just outside and around the resort and opposite the nicest part of Patong beach, also maybe look at Banthai and Burasari, Diamond Cliff and both of the Novotel resorts all good locations within walking distance to dining, shopping etc

Patong is the main tourist hub of Phuket and so is commercialized and busy, if you want somewhere quieter but still with plenty of dining, shops etc around look at Kata and Karon beach areas, lots of good resorts around there too

we have been to Phuket 3 x in May/June and always had good weather, bit of a mix of sunshine and showers, mostly rained ovenight but an odd day where there were a few showers, sometimes very heavy short bursts and then it was sunny again and quite hot,,, but who can tell with the weather these days??

May to Oct is the 'monsoon' -wet season but doesn't mean it will rain all the time!!!

happy planning

Mossy :-)

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
30 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

we are thinking of going in July is this a good time to travel. we will be staying at the Merlin beach resort thanks for all the coments it sounds amazing. how much are the massages there

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
30 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

we are thinking of going in July is this a good time to travel. we will be staying at the Merlin beach resort thanks for all the comments it sounds amazing. how much are the massages there

18. Re: Merlin Beach Resort Or Merlin Patong ..Access Pool Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013