We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I recently had a suit made at Tom's International Patong and was ripped off suit is rubbish.

Beware do not buy especially from salesman Dilip.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Yes, and another one post wonder.

22. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, October 31, 2012
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Agreed, in Nov 2012 we purchased suits, business shirts and pants, all ill fitting and we later discovered back home when Toms sales staff weren't rushing us that a number of our products are not finished off properly. Sadly disappointed in Toms and would not recommend to anyone.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

Agreed, in Nov 2012 we purchased suits, business shirts and pants, all ill fitting and we later discovered back home when Toms sales staff weren't rushing us that a number of our products are not finished off properly. Sadly disappointed in Toms and would not recommend to anyone.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

It seems like a 50/50 chance (probably worse) of getting well-made suit in Phuket.

I think you're better off getting your suits made in your home city, even if it costs a little bit more. You can always take it back more easily when you're back home, and you don't have to take up luggage space on your return flight.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Auckland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

I had a suit made at Tom's last year and it was fantastic! Great service, attention to detail, and put up with me being really fussy about every detail. well worth it and not expensive.

27. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, July 05, 2013
Phuket, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

It is truly very sad that we didn't get to serve you. We have a wide price range so that we can accommodate everyone. I wish you had actually given us a chance as we would have done everything to make sure your experience with tailors in Phuket could have been a good one. We strive to satisfy all our customers with products in terms of value, quality, fit, delivery because we take our work very, very seriously. We greet with enthusiasm every single client who enters our store and we are quite well known for our hospitality. Given that, I myself think maybe you did go to the wrong place.

I do hope you reconsider and give us a chance someday when you visit Phuket again and I will make sure personally your next experience and review will be a positive one --- both for you and for us.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

"I was just there and had 2 suits and 7 shirts made."

"sad that we didn't get to serve you."

Don't pretend to be something you're not.

30. Re: Toms International Tailor, Rip off, Do not Buy

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:50 pm, July 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Patong