We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

test

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
test

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, September 13, 2010
Edited: 6:35 am, September 13, 2010
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: test

I'll contact the mods for you.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: test

Hi,

When you want to remove one of your own posts, then you simply click on the "report inappropriate content" button at the bottom of your post and then click on "remove my post" it will then be removed

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: test

paulosussex - thanks, I can see that option now! Initially I refrained from 'reporting' my first post!

Once yourself and stevenl have removed your posts I will proceed to remove my original post!

Incidentally, I was going to ask the forum whether Phuket/Patong Beach was a suitable place to take my Mother on vacation in January , as I've heard its a bit of a party place for the younger crowd (yes, like myself!) and perhaps not a suitable destination to take one's Mother to relax, away from the stresses of London.

Subsequently, I've found that indeed it is a party oriented hot spot, beach parties, lots of alcohol (?), the prospect of cheap sex, etc. - and therefore am pretty much on the verge of ruling it out. Looking towards Bali now...

I just hope the weather in January is nice and warm (ideally, hot!).

Edited: 6:43 am, September 13, 2010
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: test

Hi c_man_uk,

Glad you found the button, meanwhile, if you didn't want to go as far as Bali and in January the weather isn't necessarily the best there, you could perhaps look towards the Krabi region, Ao Nang is quite busy but without the 'stress' of Patong, Railay close to Ao Nang is a beautiful beach, you also have Koh Lanta a little further south which is a nice, still fairly quiet island and you could also consider Khao Lak, just north of Phuket along the coast, it's not an island btw, but plenty to see and do

cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: test

Anywhere else on Phuket than Patong would suit you fine, judging from your post. And even for Patong your idea is very onesided, Patong has much more to offer than parties for the young crowd and cheap sex.

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: test

@stevenl

If thats the case, thats music to my ears. Ideally somewhere that's slightly away from the nightlife and noise yet close (or on) a beach would be ideal. I'm sure you can understand why I wouldn't want my Mother to see some of the stuff the youngsters get up to... or so I hear.

@paulosussex

Yes, Bali is a considerable distance further! Having looked at the Krabi area, there seems to be very few hotels that are affordable (for me) and are on a beach. They are all nice, by all accounts, just not all on the beach :-)

I've also looked at Koh Samui and Cha-am...

Three hotels that have caught my eye are:

1] Ibis Bophut Samui, Koh Samui.

2] Courtyard Marriott Resort at Cha Am

3] Holiday Inn Resort, Regent Beach, Hua Hin

However, no flights seem to go to Hua Hin Airport (HHQ) - and it seems to be quite a distance from other airports. How do people reach the hotels?

Opinions on the above 3 hotels would be appreciated, too! Again, with January in mind.

Thanks in advance!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: test

Hi,

Usually to reach Hua Hin/Cha Am people take a private car, taxi or an air-con bus from Bangkok, takes 2 -3 hours depending on the traffic. To get to the Krabi/Lanta area, it's easy enough to get a connection in Bangkok and fly down to KVB just as you can to Phuket. Certainly Phuket has some beautiful beaches some of which are still relatively quiet, both the north and the south parts of the island are good places to look. I haven't stayed at any of the hotels you mentioned so can't comment.

cheers

Patong
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: test

@c_man_uk

Patong's great for older people! Lots to do. My dad's 85 years old, and has lived here in Patong for four years.

Stay in any of the beach resorts - Holiday Inn is highly rated, but many others are as well. She'll have a great time poolside, venture down to the beach, fantastic food, interesting people. Try sitting on the beach at sunset. Magical.

Shopping can be a bit overwhelming because of the touts, but if you go to OTOP just up the street, she'll have plenty to buy and see and do.

If she's up for it physically, try taking a day trip.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,132 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: test

As paulosussex suggested, Khao Lak is a more laid back destination. Just over an hour from Phuket Airport and with over 25km of beaches with a range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets.

Have a look here for more information http://www.khaolaklovers.com/ and pop over to the Kao Lak Forum if you want more informatiuon tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K…

An idea of your budget would help to suggest some resorts to you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: test

Thanks for the responses thus far, really appreciated!

@ KhunWoody

I actually have points that I could use/spend for the Holiday Inn for free nights/discounts but its just the party scene of Patong that put me off!! I cant see us doing more than relaxing in the report and its private beach.... so it's still a viable option I guess...

@ Arandora

Thanks for the links, Khao Lak sounds great, especially as its within 1hr of Phuket airport. I will check out your links and forum...

As for budget, I am hoping to keep within the £850pp mark, does that help with narrowing down some possibilities?