We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

patong shopping and night markets

perth wa
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
patong shopping and night markets

hi just wondering someone sugessted weekend night markets as we are in patong over the sat and sun can you tell me were they are and what time they are open till?Any ideas were to get shirts for bigger people plus dvds etc ,we will be there from oct27 till 2nov. thankyou

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: patong shopping and night markets

The weekend markets are in Phuket Town, sat and sun nights. They are about 15km from Patong. Open about 5pm, close late. XL and XXL shirts are around, you just have to ask the stallholders. Any bigger will be a challenge.

DVDs are cheaper in Patong. Shopping in Patong closes around 11pm.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: patong shopping and night markets

Hi There

We went to the weekend/night markets to be honest the quality is better in Patong for t/shirts clothing etc didn't think the markets were that great really. We wouldn't go again. Regards Michelle.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,031 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: patong shopping and night markets

We enjoyed the markets. There is a lot to see and buy and some items are different to what we found in Patong. We bought a lot of XL shirts and good quality 'fake' mens shorts all at cheaper prices than Patong. The clothing we purchased washes well and has not shrunk or faded, also good stitching.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: patong shopping and night markets

We thought the night markets were quite good. What I mainly likely is that they had different stuff than Patong, the prices were way cheaper and in alot of cases were 'fixed' so no bartering required (which becomes a bit old after a week or so).

We booked a day trip with Panya and he charged 1000 thb. He picked up up at 1pm took us around the island and then took up to the night markets and dropped us back at the hotel around 10pm.

If you don't eat Thai food, take your own as nothing really western is available

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: patong shopping and night markets

Hi there,

The night markets are good and the prices are cheaper than Patong and mainly fixed price so no Bargaining/Bartering is required.

We have always found the quality of the clothes to be good except for the short sports socks that are very thin, but its a great atmosphere and awesome food stalls so we thinks its a fun night out.

Cheers, Pete.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: patong shopping and night markets

We enjoyed the Phuket town Market. Saw a few different things and thought most of the stall owners were more gentle than in Patong. Found 'birkinstocks' at 99 each or 2 for 160baht! Bargain!!

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
850 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: patong shopping and night markets

This is probably a stupid question but exactly where do they hold the Phuket town night markets. I was told that they only hold them over the weekend.

The last time in Phuket I asked 2 taxi drivers and they didnt have a clue what I was talking about. I gave up in the end despite reading (here) that they were good value. I'm heading there in January so would like to take a look.

Can anyone offer me some directions or location to supply to a Patong taxi driver.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: patong shopping and night markets

I found this info on the weekend Phuket town Market, and yes its only on Saturday & Sunday every week.

http://vimeo.com/6523184

Cheers, Pete

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: patong shopping and night markets

There's a night market in Kamala on Friday (across from Phuket Fantasea) and one on Saturday night (as you enter town from Patong). They both start around 3 or 4pm and don't go that late.

Someone on this thread mentioned that if you don't like Thai food, bring your own as no western food is available. This is not the case, especially in Patong. There is food of just about every nationality in Patong. There's pizza places, Italian, fast food American style, a pub in Jungceylon, Fuji is a Japanese restaurant in Jungceylon, BBQ Hut has Mexican, Au Ban Pan, Swensons, there are a few middle eastern places, a new Iranian place opened up recently and there's Hardrock Cafe. You can even go to a Sizzler if you want to go to Central Festival.

Mentioned in this post
Kamala
Kamala
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea
7,242 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Jungceylon
Jungceylon
5,892 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: patong shopping and night markets

I think they meant at the night markets not in Patong itself.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand