We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Tours in Phuket

Hunter
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Tours in Phuket

Can anyone recommend any tours to do or not to do, what are some of the best sights, tours and activities that you would suggest in Phuket

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

Depends how long you are here.

On my short list:

Big Buddha

Wat Chalong

Karon Viewpoint

Cape Promthep

Phang Nga Bay boat tour

Fantasea

Hunter
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

Thanks Staying for 11 nights

Adelaide
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

Hi,

I would highly recommend spending a day with Capt Mark (Phuket sailing tours). Check out his website phuketsailtours.com

I sailed with him in 2007 & it was one of the highlights of our trip. We had a relaxing day sailing, swimming & eating. Lots of fun.

Cheers,

Tavia

4. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:36 am, July 15, 2010
Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

I highly recommend a day at the Phuket Thai Cookery School and if you enjoy being active then a bike tour with Amazing Bike tours is another great thing to do...

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

Hi

Our favorite days out have to be Phuket Sail Tours (they now also do a speedboat to Phi Phi as well as the sail tours with their associate company Phuket Alternative Tours), Phuket Thai Cookery School and an ATV safari with Phuket ATV (not ATV Phuket)!

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

phuketalternativetours.com/phiphi_tour.htm

http://www.phuketthaicookery.com/

http://phuketdir.com/pktthaicookery/

http://www.atvphuket.com/

Hiring a driver for a day is always a great way to get to see the popular sights as listed above. Lots of recommended drivers on this site, we used DAJ.

Also check out pages like cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket.htm or look at the things to do, as well as read JBRs / Just back reports / trips repots which can be packed with lots of information.

Have fun!!

Edited: 8:43 am, July 03, 2010
Northern California
Level Contributor
206 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

yeah, those trips are so expensive. up to 3000Bht/person. I am sure Simba, Phuket Sail Tours, and a few others mentioned in TA are great and fantastic. The costs add up real fast especially if you have a few tours to do. Any one here had tried OTHER day trips operators to Phi Phi, Phang Nga, Raya/Racha island, Coral, Khai islands for snokeling? What are the differences between speedboat and Express boat trips (can carry 40-50 ppl?)

Speedboat - faster, can see more, accessible to shallower areas? but more bumpy and prone to seasickness?

Those of you who had taken day trips (2000BHT or less) with other operators, please share your honest opinions such as trip duration (as advertised?), crew, boat conditions (new? about to fall apart in a big swell?), equipments, overall experience, etc.

Thank you. I know I have asked a lot. I apologize.

Jerry.

Invercargill, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

I'm trying to find some cheapish tours too. We are holidaying for 31 nights total and Phuket is at the start of our trip so really dont want to blow all our cash at the start. I was looking at doing Coral Island but have been told that Racha is round the same price but has better Snorkling. Of course I am only going off what other people on TA have said.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

We did a cheap day tour to Phi Phi, Maya Bay etc last year & you do get what you pay for. It was a cheap day out, on a large boat (with more than 50 on board). The majority of us got sea sick & spent most of the afternoon with our heads hanging over the side of the boat! We got to Phi Phi & only had about 30 min there as Phi Phi was the last island to visit before we headed back to Phuket. I much preferred Phuket Sail Tours as there was only 8 of us on board, but as you say it depends on what your budget is.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Tours in Phuket

wow 50 people on board. that would have been terrible!