We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BAD Review.....

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BAD Review.....

Hi all,

OMG just read the latest review for the Burasari, rats mentioned...I know you need to take alot of the reviews as "Just can't please everyone"

But, feeling a little deflated all the same....we're staying here as from next Friday 30th (8 nights) in a premium pool access room & so wanted everthing to be perfect. This is our 3rd trip to Patong but this trip is somewhat more spcecial, hence having paid extra for room.

Who's been : (

Thanks Waz

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BAD Review.....

Wazz

Have you read my review of the Burasari?

I sent you a msg to let you know i had posted 1 for you

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,076 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BAD Review.....

Hi Waz,

We are heading out to Phuket 2nd May.

Why is it that things always go wrong when you are just about ready to go?

EG.Travel warnings to Thailand ,Volcanic eruptions,Rats at the Burasari,People's rooms being robbed at the Metadee Resort where we are staying for 5 days.

I think we read too much.

Sometimes too much info is a bad thing.

My wife would go happy as Larry and would not have read any of this.

Cheers Rob

Edited: 11:33 pm, April 23, 2010
Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: BAD Review.....

Hi travelnut,

Yes I did & was all good - excitment was building......

Now to read the BAD, makes you have 2nd thoughts.

Was there much sun over the pool area as alot have said very shaded & water cold & full of leaves & was your room clean. Oh & the smell people talk about..mozzies, well I'll just take heaps of repellents (what did you use?)

I guess the big question - did you see any RATS?

Thanks heaps

Waz

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BAD Review.....

Hi Wazz,

Don't be discouraged mate, there are rats everywhere, just don't see them very often and never seen one in a hotel. On the streets late at night yeah occasionally but I have seen more rats in Bali hotels than Phuket hotels (outside, not in side.) It will be perfect, all will be fine, we just got back after 2 weeks and it has been really hot in Phuket, hotter than normal, the aircon was struggling when you first put it on, but once it's cranking it's fine.

As for the Bangkok unrest, there is an article in todays west aust newspaper travel section, saying it is perfectly safe to travel to Thailand, Dfat has to make the warnings, it's their job and the unrest is all about thai's not foreigners. Have an awesome trip. Sue

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BAD Review.....

Oh another thing, If you are susceptible to mossies, keep your room door closed as much as possible, I buy a can of mortein over there and spray our room before we go to dinner, and spray ourselves with repellant, only seem to get bitten at night. Also some bathrooms do have that 'smell'. I go to Carrefours or 7/11 and get a few air fresheners and place around the room, better still if you like flowers buy a jasmine lei from the street sellers, hang it in your room the lovely smell lasts for days. Sue

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: BAD Review.....

Hi Rob06,

Yeah, how true is that...I just had a major with having to get my passport renewed, only had 3mths validity on it & apparently needed at least 6mths (was an expensive lesson to learn!!)

Maybe you're right, we do read too much but I guess you're always wanting to read that last bit of reassurance!!!!

We had the dramas with the riots in Sept. 08 - stranded in KL while flights to Phuket were on hold..

Tis just the RATS - they're not sharing my room lol

Cheers

Waz

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: BAD Review.....

Thanks heaps gismo,

I know what you're saying is true - I've seen it all rats included, and smelt it all before........

Anyone, just don't post any negs before I go - don't wanna read or hear (ears blocked) lalalalalalalalalalalalallalala

Waz : )

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BAD Review.....

Waz,

Dont stress about the review the hotel wea re are staying at again this year was number 11 in hotels list this year it is at number 50 ...has that made me rethink definetly not ..... you cant please all of the people all of the time ...so disregard it you dont need anymore stress after your passport drama's

Travelnut ,

I cant see your review in the list :(

Rob ,

I know what you mean lol makes you wonder sometimes lol.

Cheers

Lozza

Edited: 12:07 am, April 24, 2010
Sydney
Level Contributor
124 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BAD Review.....

I stressed before we went over in April and now i am home and missing the place wonder what i was stressing about, it all went perfect, a minor hicup while we were there but that's what travel o/s is all about eh??

You'll have a ball mate, and if you see a rat do the "dirty dirty dirty rat" chant Lol..Tim

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BAD Review.....

Hey Waz, just keep your eyes closed !!!! while we were camping at Maya Bay this rat ran past my husbands feet [ he was asleep ] he is terrified of them.......have a great trip