We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland Resort Phuket

qld
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Graceland Resort Phuket

Looking at a package at Gracelands in May - reviews are a mixed bag & not 2010 - from "disgraceful" to "great" Anyone been recently and also room # or room location recommendations ?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi all you Graceland experts. I have another question. Is it worth paying $47 a night extra for the mini suite room as opposed to a grand deluxe room.

Thanks

Linda

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Phuket Graceland Resort...
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi Linda

IMO not really, but its just a matter of choice on if you want more room, the mini suite is about 80sq mt, a seperate living area and bedroom, still has the same sleeping arrangement ie: 1 king and 1 single bed, they are all located on corners of the building, the grand delux rooms are good, the only other room i would upgrade to(if it was affordable) is the 1 bedroom suite on the front, we got a free upgrade into one of those from the grand delux and it was great, but to be honest the grand delux rooms are perfect

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Thanks Mossy. Sandy sent me a hotel map. Where are the grand deluxe rooms? Do they all have ocean views?

Thanks

Linda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi linda

the grand delux rooms are at the back in main building, just above the sky (infinity pool) and resturant, so they look out over the 2 pools and ocean, the room we had looked over the sky pool and also had sea views but the 2 rooms my son and daughter were in had more seaview looking south, but either rooms were good, they seem like they are set back a bit but they are in a good location for the reception, sky pool, gym and resturant

if you look at the picture of Graceland from the beach looking down to the main building, you will see rooms above the resturant and sky pool they run across the back there to the right

Mentioned in this post
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

I believe that Graceland is still owned by a convicted criminal and wanted fugitive.

His name is Thaksin Shinawatra and some people even consider him a terrorist for instigating the problems in Bangkok now as he is the leader of the Red Shirts.

So based on this information alone if it was me I would not support him or his greedy corrupt family.

Mentioned in this post
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

That is a great explanation about the photo. Now I have the map it makes it very clear. Is there only one level of grand delux rooms?

Linda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi linda

yes, there's not many of them, just one row but they are about 4th floor level i think from memory

38. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 26, 2010