We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland Resort Phuket

qld
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Graceland Resort Phuket

Looking at a package at Gracelands in May - reviews are a mixed bag & not 2010 - from "disgraceful" to "great" Anyone been recently and also room # or room location recommendations ?

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi Armles,

Try and request Blocks 5 or 9 - these are the blocks closest to the beach road and just across the road from the best part of Patong Beach. Last time we were there, there were lots of sunbed hoggers - you know the deal - go and put your towel on the sunbed at 6am.

Well, we wised up - we stayed in room 2517 & 2519 (ground floor with just a step up to the pool) so I was out there each morning reserving our seats as well - but we had our lovely balcony to sit on, and were able to pop inside to grab a drink or go to the loo. It was nearly as good as "pool access"

Enjoy Gracelands - the pools are AMAZING!

Cheers,

Sandy

Mentioned in this post
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,922 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
qld
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Thanks for the hint - as we are travelling woth friends I will put in a request for those two rooms

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi Armles,

Just had a look at my resort map - Ground floor deluxe rooms are 2513,2515 & 2517 - All in block 5. Anything with an even number - eg. 2510, will overlook the cemetary - stay away!Building 4 is fine - Rms 2413,2415 & 2417 are the deluxe poolview rooms on the ground floor. If you want a copy of the map, just send me your address (in a pm) and I'll post it to you.

Cheers,

Sandy

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

The grand deluxe room is showing a size of 42 sq mtrs which is the same as a superior room. Even the ocean view room photo shows a pool view. Grand deluxe also says it has a separate sitting area but it doesn't show in the photo. Can anyone clarify this for me please.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi linda

the grand delux, delux and superior are all 42 sq mt, no difference in size but just a difference in location and quality of the rooms which you cant see on the photo's, that confused us too before we went as every picture shows the same outlook over the main pool, that is not the case

the superior are around the back and have no balocony and not a good view (if any) some delux are facing the car park or a wall at the side of Graceland,

pool view delux are good and face the main or sky pool and gardens, block number 5 and 9 are the best for the delux pool view rooms (some of these have a side sea view not full sea view) and as Sandy has mentioned the dlx rooms with the even numbers will face the car park and cemetary(those are booked as just delux rooms) you have to book the pool/garden view delux to get the better dlx rooms

grand delux are at the back of the building behind the sky pool

facing the sea and the 2 pools, and have a few little extras, the sitting area is a chair and small table by the window but not a day bed or anything that you might be thinking of, great rooms though, we had those last year and we were very happy, good location to sky pool and gym and easy access to resturant and lobby with lifts just out on the corridor

the photo's you see with a full sea view and sunset are the suite rooms at the very front of the building

Sandy has a site map if you wish to contact her to have a look

hope that clarifies a few things and not confused you more lol :)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Phuket Graceland Resort...
3,087 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Thanks for that mossy. I am torn between a grand deluxe room or a superior seaview room at the novotel. The things that concern me are gracelands is a family resort whereas novotel is more for couples. We are a couple in our late 50's. We like to not have a bum fight over sunloungers and it seems that happens at gracelands. I hate it when you have to get up early and put your towel out to reserve a sunlounger. Gracelands looks huge and has so many different standard rooms and it sounds like the beds are uncomfortable. There is only a couple of hundred dollars in it and I don't want to make the wrong choice.

Linda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi Linda

if you choose Graceland then go the Grand delux seaview rooms they are close to the sky pool (infinity pool) and thats more couples, quiet and relaxing and beautiful sunset view from there, and there are 2 jacuzzi pools next to the pool too, no problem with getting loungers, you don't even use the main pool much from there, we didn't find a problem with the beds and its pretty standard for firm beds in Thailand

However, Novotel is lovely too and have great views as its built into a hill,but it's also a family resort too, not much further up from Graceland either, i wouldn't want to advise you either way as they are both good resorts but the choice has to be yours at the end of the day, but wherever you chose i'm sure you will love it :)

Mentioned in this post
3,087 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Thanks Mossy. How much further walk is the Novotel?

Linda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi Linda

only a few min to Graceland so about 15 min walk into main town, but plenty of tuk tuk's and taxis to take you if you dont want to walk, and plenty of eating places around the area too

Mentioned in this post
3,087 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

thanks!