We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland Resort Phuket

qld
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Graceland Resort Phuket

Looking at a package at Gracelands in May - reviews are a mixed bag & not 2010 - from "disgraceful" to "great" Anyone been recently and also room # or room location recommendations ?

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

We stayed there Oct 2009 and loved it. We are going back there in May again.

We had a deluxe room in building 5 on the top floor. So we didnt get any noise.

I read the reviews before our last trip and was really worried that i had made a mistake. I would say go for it. Janet

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
708 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi armies,

We just got back from 8 nights at Gracelands, will do a JBR soon, but Gracelands was great, big resort with 2 pools, lots of families, cross the road to the beach. We got interconnecting rooms in top floor building 3 with Garden View very quiet. Not sure what the Pool view rooms are like. Pool closes at 7.

There is a Guitarist singer that plays Mon-Friday by the bottom pool, so cool listening him singing whilst having a drink.

They have a bowling alley, great Gym, Pool tables, kids club etc, some great restaraunts either out the back gate or around the corner. Staff friendly, buffet breakfast is buffet breakfast. Didn't need to eat at Resyaraunts at resort as so much cheaper close by.

Overall great value, best part of Patong beach, & not hassled as much as in central Patong.

Rob

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi

we stayed there last May, 3 couples and a single guy, the 3 couples all had the grand delux seaview rooms, great rooms and views, the young lad with us had a delux pool view room which he was very happy with too, later on we all got free upgrades to the 1 bed suite rooms (1 each) on the beachfront, they are fantastic if you can afford them, jacuzzi and sauna (not that you need it, we didnt use it)

the pools are great, big pool has swim up pool bar and happy hour (4.30pm i think it was) opposite beach across the road, nice part of beach not too busy, the sky pool on 3rd floor great for sunset views, bowling alley is good, the boys used it, $5 a game but take a pair of socks or there is a charge for theirs, location is good, 10 min walk to Jungceylon or a quick tuk tuk ride (we paid 150bhat) plenty of good eating place around close by and some good drivers out the front to take you on city tours

the staff were all nice and polite, front desk staff were very good but very little english so hard to comunicate, but you get that in most resorts (well you are in Thailand) Breakfasts are great, lots of variety, didnt eat any main meals there cheaper food just outside

the beds were comfortable enough but i didn't like the pillows, a bit flat for me, but put a few together and was ok, not much of a negative though

Before we went i looked at reviews too and was a bit worried but my daughter had stayed the year before and they were happy with it (hence the upgrade as they were returning guests, so they looked after all of us, good one!) some reviews are a bit harsh or they just were unlucky with a bad run there, but from our experience i can honesly say it is a good resort to stay at

Oh Yes, blocks 5 and 9 best if you want a seaview as well, best ones for delux pool view rooms, room number 2535, is good, its the end block overlooking main pool and has a seaview too, but i also would recomend Grand delux seaview rooms not much more in price, DO NOT get the superior rooms, no balcony and around the back so no view either not worth it

Graceland is good for value, location and ameneties and service

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi Mossy just wondering did you mention that you were returning guests or not? Just dont know if they pick t up or you have to mention it to them.

Thanks Janet

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi janet

yes, my daughter and her fiance were the returning guests, we mentioned it on booking and they said they would give them an upgrade or special suprise, but when we checked in and asked they didnt have anything available to upgrade and said they would sort something out, anyway, they were there for 12 nights, us 18 nights, but on the 6th night they approched us and gave all 3 couples an upgrade, that was great, we didnt expect that but no complaints, we all got 1 bed suite rooms on the front, Donna and Steve got the best one with 2 balconies, one looking out to the ocean the other on the pool (block 9) we got a ground floor one and my son above that, they were on opposite side to Donna and the bedroom balcony was facing a side road, but that was ok we had the front one looking out to the ocean and could walk out to the pool from the balcony, they only expected an upgrade to a mini suite so it was a big bonus

anyway, yes do mention you are returning guests on booking and again on arrival/check in, they like to look after returning guests, you never know your luck in a big city lol :)

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Hi Mossy,

Thanks for that we didnt mention it when we booked and think it may be to late now as im picking up the vouchers tomorrow. But we will mention it at check in. So fingers crossed.

Thanks Janet

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi janet

send them an e-mail, tell them you have booked and are returning guests, and tell them when you are coming so they can make a note of it, i have their website the e-mail address will be on that www.phuketgraceland.com

we had booked with an agent who did notify them of returning guests but i also e-mailed as well to confirm the booking and that my daughter was a returning guest, so they knew about it, they say they cant promise depends on availibility, but we didnt get ours until after a few days but still got it in the end, dont forget to mention it on check in too, when are you going?

give it a go and good luck :)

melbourne
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Thanks again Mossy. I will send them an email tonight and see what they say.

We get there on the 7th of May. For 13 nights.

This time we are taking my friend and her 2 kids so it will be good to see it thru their eyes.

Thanks again Janet.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

hi janet

thats great, have a lovely time, Graceland will be good for the kids

don't expect an e-mail back off them straight away, they always take time to reply, but at least they will have your notification that you are repeat guests

have fun :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Graceland Resort Phuket

Armles, all I can tell you is that my travel agent told me all her clients that came back from Graceland just loved it. Seems it is pretty close central Patong too.