We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wings

Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wings

Hi all!

I will be traveling with my hubby to Phuket and chose to stay at the Holiday Inn in November.

I need some info favour from y'all experts about this hotel.

a) What is the best category of room available at the Busakorn Wings?

b) Is there any room/suite at the Busakorn Wings that have a view of the sea?

c) Is this hotel sits right on the beach?

d) What are the banks available nearby to this hotel or in Patong area?

e) I heard November will be extremely crowded at the Patong beach..is it recommendable for us to go there at this time?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Luv ya!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wings

All the studio rooms in the Busakorn Wing are the same and recently refurbished.

I'd say the best (and most expensive) category is the direct pool access room in the Busakorn Villa Wing. We liked them but found it a little claustrophobic and lacked privacy as you looked directly into rooms across the pool.

The hotel is across the road from the beach and there are no sea view rooms in the Busakorn Wings. You can get sea view room but these rooms are in the main hotel. The main hotel is at the front of the property and the Busakorn Wings are behind.

Lots of places everywhere so you can change money, sorry I can't help with banks and ATMs.

We have never been to Patong in November as it is too expensive for us as hotels double in price from 1st November. We have been many other times in the low season and enjoyed it.

Hope this helps :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wings

I have stayed in the Busakorn wing in late November and late December and can not rate it high enough, what a fantastic hotel.

We never felt crowded in the resort and the pool, there were a few times when the 12 swim up bar stools were full but that was about it!

There are ATM's all over the place, same with money change, we didn't really use them much as we had a lot of cash and kept it in the room safe.

The way this hotel is laid out is brilliant, even though the Busakorn is at the rear you are still a short and nice stroll through the resort to the beach and you have the OTOP markets just across the road.

I actually don't really like the Patong Beach, I would prefer to grab a tuk tuk to Surin for a day on the beach - its so quiet.

Thaiand does have peak seasons but in my trips there I could hardly tell the difference in crowds between June and the 2 end months.

The other great thing about the Holiday Inn is thats it is kind of at the end of the beach shopping strip and a nice walk away from Bangla road so its easy to get to but far enough to not be bothered by it.

Also the brekky is wonderful and the staff are just fabulous.

Great resort.

3. Re: Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 15, 2010