We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Hi there,

I've read some older posts on here, but nothing current.

We've booked the Holiday Inn's 2 superior rooms (with 2 double beds each) for ourselves, 4 girls & my parents for a week in July. The plan being 2 of the girls shared with us & the 2 other in with my parents. (8 in total)

However room policy says the kids must be under 12 years old, however 3 of ours are 12-15 (& i have omitted to tell the HI that!)! I dont want them in rooms by themselves.

I've paid for the rooms in advance but scared that we get there they want more cash or demand the girls are in other rooms!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I cant find anything else on HI website about child age policy and dont want to have to hide my kids when we are there!!

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

I reccomend you disclose their ages as you will all have to show passports at check in. Thais taking lying more seriously than western culture. If you lie and they catch you it will be fronwned apon greatly and you just dont want that stigma. Phone ahead with your concerns so both you and the hotel can work something out that will be ok with the both of you. Being upfront will prevent headaches on both sides.

gold coast...
Level Contributor
429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Hi there

we stay at the holiday Inn every year . My kids are 15 and 18 now. For the last two years we have had 2 rooms interconnecting much better not because of the hotel because of the kids the wouldn't share a bed anymore . Cant blame them . The only thing extra we had to pay for when we were all in one room was breakfast once they were over 12.You will have to show everyones passport when you arrive i would just tell them . They are pretty good you should be fine .

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Inter-connecting rooms are great especially when travelling with kids. No security problems at all. More space for luggage and you don't have the kids stuff all over the place they can keep there mess in there own room. Great also if rooms have balcony.

Unfortunately when travelling in Asia the cut off age for children is 12 years. You should tell the resort as on check in they take a photocopy of all passports. Honesty is the best policy and its at a price when travelling.

I'm agree with SnowPirate, Thais take a dislike to lying and will only cause problems with checking in.

newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

We've stayed twice at Holiday Inn with the kids sharing our room with no problem. The first time my eldest was 13, the next time 14.

The first time I didn't mention anything and neither did they. The second time I checked before I booked and they said that they would allow it.

If you don't mention anything I'm sure they won't, but if you're like me it'll eat at your conscience and you'll feel better if you tell them.

Nic

Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Hi There

Im Surprised your travel agent didnt ask the ages of the kids,I agree I would let them know,the interconnecting rooms there are great my kids are age 8 10 and 12 and we have had interconnecting rooms,snow pirate is correct they will ask for your passports and it may cost you more to fix the problem when you are there at the Hotel.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Being dishonest with the hotel is just a bad as if they were deliberately dishonest with you about something. You'd be pretty much upset to say the least, and posting on TA about it!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Thanks for the replies.

I will tell the hotel and let you know how it goes.

I'm not trying to be dishonest - honestly!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

It was booked online with the HI website - no questions about ages, not even names of the other guests apart from my own.

They were quite happy to take my £1100+ though.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
317 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

Hi. I've been looking into this matter also and have found the following statement from the Holiday Inn Worldwide website:

"Holiday Inn hotels are known for their family-friendly policies. For example, when sharing a parent's room, children 19 and under stay free at all Holiday Inn hotels worldwide. Also, children 12 and under eat free (in the U.S. and Canada) when they order off the kid's menu in the hotel restaurant, while accompanied by a dining adult. At participating locations, our KidSuites® rooms feature a unique room within a room, where kids get their own play space, and parents get some breathing room. Plus, throughout the year, we have various promotional offers that make staying at Holiday Inn hotels an even better value."

ichotelsgroup.com/h/…kidsprg.html

However, when I tried to book a room on the worldwide site for 2 adults and 2 children it stated that the number exceeded the maximum allowed for this room type...

I'd phone the hotel directly otherwise you might be in for a big expense on arrival.

Good luck.

nzers

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Phuket - teenager policy?

I contacted the hotel and they said I could book a connecting room if I liked, however they only had one on the smoking level.

I really dont want to be on the smoking level, so they said no problem.

nzers - you are right about it not letting you book 2 adults & 2 kids into the rooms on the web, but I phoned the reservation hot line at the time of booking and they said it was a website glitch. They told me to go ahead and book the rooms with just 2 adults in each and they would tell the hotel direct that we also had 4 kids.