We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Hi all,

Have just booked 7 nights at the beginning of August (couldn't resist the Accor sale), and am wondering if anyone can please help me out with any details for kids clubs, childrens activity rooms etc..?

I have looked everywhere I can to find details but they don't have any pics or much on it, only that there is one.

My kids are really young but we just wondered during the rainy season whether there was a 'kids room' we could take them and spend time with them there.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

I would email the resort, they will reply within 24 hours. Have done this before.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

We too booked early Augyst for 10 nights. Love it if you could post your findings as we're travelling with an 8 year old.

Might just see you there!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

They have a activities & happending schedule daily and you book the day before to the activities you want to go to. They also have a games room.

When we stayed there was alot of children around the pool area, its very social.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Thank you. I doubt we'd use it, but was just curious.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

When travelling with our boys we pack the Nintendo DS and that also lets them try games down the street before buying them (also cheaper than Sydney, they are now an expert at bargaining for what they want).

We also pack a packet of cards, find-a-word books so between these things and TV in the rooms at night they are set.

The pool has a basketball hoop in it and they also play water volleyball (Hotel staff also play) and the kids seem to really enjoy. Also near the pool there is a ping pong table.

My boys loved it....they would go the pool bar and order there own lunch and cokes etc.

I am sure you wont be disappointed.

Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

just be aware of the location of novotel.

its pretty far from things.. so travelling to and from your hotel may involve catching tuktuk's.. which can get expensive pretty quickly.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Hi, I understood the novotel to be a 10-15 minute walk - albeit uphill on the way home. What sort of cost do you mean by expensive with the tul tuls please?

Thanks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
161 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Nessnem,

there was also a post here a week or so ago on the Novotel also, this is what I wrote and a sample of another:

"We are staying here again in June this year, it will be our 3rd time. We always think and look at other places but the location, style of resort (thai feel and look) and the VIEW win all the time - oh the view (I'm dreaming about it now). The pools are gorgeous and sitting down at the pool bar having a cocktail overlooking Patong and the beach is to die for.

As others have said it is only 10-15mins walk but you don't notice as there is still so much to see, do and eat along the way, we never really took great notice as we would stop in to the 7-eleven, do some shopping, have a drink at a restaurant/bar or even a leisurely stroll along the beach and before you know it there is Bangla Rd.

I love it as I'm sure you will if you like a resort feel with stunning scenery, not just brick walls and other rooms.

And another post:

I love the Novotel, so relaxing. If you book try and request a room down the pools (a great location).

Its about a 15 min walk but enjoyable. I must say on the way home depending on what time of night we end up catching a tuk tuk because we have walked all the way down to the OTOP markets and we don't pay more than 200 baht in a tuk tuk.

Also remember anywhere around Patong is usually 150-200 Baht, hence you pay this unless you are smack bang in the middle of Bang-la.

Hope this helps.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Meg thanks for that & my apologies, I did see your post. I was stunned when I saw that it was a long way out & tuk tuks adding up and posted a response without thinking! I'll use my headache as an excuse for that, and thanks for posting your reply yet again. I even showed your post to my hubby last week and we got all excited over it! And 150-200baht I can live with! We'll probably be using them to go home with Ms 8 in tow, but when on holidays we just go with the flow.

Do you also recommend the rooms down by the pool?

Thanks

Ness

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
161 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Novotel Phuket - what are the kids facilities like?

Ness,

Firstly please don't apologise it is so hard to remember what you read, when you read etc. I do the same.

Yes the rooms near the pools are the best for less stairs and location to pools etc but they usually are the Delux seaview, unless you book and are willing to pay the price for that class you will pay superior price and then request those rooms if available.

Other rooms are great also, although more stairs but the ones just in front of the reception area is also great. We've stayed right on top of the hill first time and views were outstanding just lots of stairs, but I did not let that dampen my view and they have a little shuttle bus to take you up the hill.