We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money for Phuket in June/July

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money for Phuket in June/July

Hi everyone

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are, on how much spending money we may need in Phuket?

Going for 10days, end of June with 2 small kids,myself & hubby.

Im just wondering how much I should budget for????

I'm thinking $3000Aud??? Is this an excessive amount? I'd like to know if I could get away with less!

We would like to eat lots,drink lots,shop lots and do what ever activities the kids want to do.

Thanks for your help.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

Take a look through this page about Phuket prices by Cathy&Gary;

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket_shopping…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

Hi there,

Difficult question to answer as we don't know what type of things you like to do.

Food is cheap if you eat in the small restaurants/Cafe's say around 100Baht for mains and 30 for rice, drinks are cheap as well but if you eat in the Hotels or some of the seafood restaurants along the beach road expect to pay big prices.

Some tours are cheap some expensive but as fourb2 said a good look through Cathy & Gary's web pages will give you a good insight as to what to pay.

When we travel with our boys, (teenagers with big appetites) we take around 3K for 2 weeks with 1K backup but we usually only eat the night time meal as the buffet breakfasts included in our accommodation usually gets us through to dinner time.

Cheers, Pete.

brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

My wife & I have now been three times & allow A$100 per day & then put any day trips on the credit card as many of these can be between $80-100 per person . Have never had any problems using credit cards but we do tell our card provider before we go re our dates just to be sure .

brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

My wife & I have now been three times & allow A$100 per day & then put any day trips on the credit card as many of these can be between $80-100 per person . Have never had any problems using credit cards but we do tell our card provider before we go re our dates just to be sure .

We are going for the forth time this June to Krabi & then Phuket . ENJOY

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

Thankyou for your feedback everyone, I have just checked out Cathy&Gary's travel pages, very informative & very professional! Im impressed.

Thanx again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

$3000 will be plenty unless you are eating in hotels all the time. We usually budget for about $1200 a week for 2 adults and that includes lots of shopping and eating, massages, tours. But we do eat in very inexpensive thai restaurants. But have never overspent our budget.

melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

My partner and I wouldspend that between us in that time but we stay out late and I am a big drinker. Witthout drinking, wouldnt need half that amount

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

Hi BigBird,

We went in June 08 Myself ,Wife & two children 18year old Boy & 16 year old girl & we averaged AUD $250 a day which included food,drinks shopping & tours.It doesnt look like prices have changed much.

You will live like a king (Not the king) with $300 a day

Cheers Rob

9. Re: Spending money for Phuket in June/July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:28 pm, September 10, 2010