We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

Hi, Would anyone be able to give me some idea of price for a Taxi from Patong to Phuket Town (Wanting to go to main shopping centers) or is there any cheaper means of transport?

Cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

The cheapest way is to take the bus/songtaew for 25 Baht, but it will take around 40 minutes :-(

sinigapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

take the public bus ! i had taken it b4 ~ it's fun and a good way to experience local culture =) i will be going to phuket tml =) will update again =)

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

Agree with the above. The best method is via the blue bus (30baht approx). But if you want a driver that will take you around to different shops / return you to your hotel, etc you might be better off doing what we did on our first trip to Phuket. We caught the blue bus into Old Phuket Town - we found many taxi drivers at the final stop in Phuket Town. We chose a driver who took us around to different shops - I wanted some particular things for which he called a mate to find the best place to purchase and he also bartered for me. It cost us 500 baht for 5 hours - he took us to Rang Hill, temples, etc. and even offered to take us back to Karon at no extra charge. Some drivers do expect (like to) take you around to a variety of stores (jewellery; opals; etc) - some of these are worth a look - my favourites are the Cashew Factory and the Opal Shop. The drivers get coupons / stamps for some of the places they take you - as long as you have the time it's worth doing the 'tourist' shops at least once. Don't forget the night markets in Phuket Town they are really worth a visit - get there early, barter hard (with a smile on your face) and mingle with the locals. Enjoy.

4. Re: Taxi fares from Patong to Phuket Town???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 30, 2010