We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

patong restaurants

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
patong restaurants

Hi all,

In patong at the minute, lucky me!! Just need to know of any good restaurants serving good food. also any good massage places at reasonable prices and any other handy tips anyone has.

thanks

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: patong restaurants

Hi Evie

You lucky sod!! Try S&G restaurant and Sabai Sabai restaurant both on Soi Post Office just off the beach road excellent food and value. If you like Tex Mex and Margaritas/Mojitos try Coyote above starbucks on the beach road, great food and great views.

If you like indian try a small restaurant called Hot Curry on Rat U Thit Rd they do lovely and spicy food and the spiciest Onion Bhajis I have ever eaten, the sag aloo and tarka dal are also excellent.

Enjoy and don`t forget to report back on your adventures.

Joan

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: patong restaurants

I still like Sweet Restaurant, good prices. It is in Soi Patong Tower.

I am not sure of best masage places, but expect to pay 200Bt for Thai Massage, and 300 Bt for oil massage.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: patong restaurants

In the same soi as Sweet restaurant that Brio2 just mentioned is Original One Massage, the girls wear bright orange shirts, they are terrific! On Beach Road, keep an eye out for Subway (not a big shop) and go down this soi towards the tower.

Cheers

Tiff xxx

Melbourne
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: patong restaurants

Is Sweet open again?

I was there in july and was dissapointed to see it closed,

My favourites probably , Sweet, Sabai Sabai, S&G, No6, and No 1 seafood ,

Towards the northen end of the beach just past impiana somewhere we found a place that had the word Sabai in its name that we went back to a few times, it was right on the beach , it had great food at a similiar price and a nice atmosphere

Melbourne
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: patong restaurants

Is Sweet open again?

I was there in july and was dissapointed to see it closed,

My favourites probably , Sweet, Sabai Sabai, S&G, No6, and No 1 seafood ,

Towards the northen end of the beach just past impiana somewhere we found a place that had the word Sabai in its name that we went back to a few times, it was right on the beach , it had great food at a similiar price and a nice atmosphere

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: patong restaurants

I don't like Sabai Sabai. The food is not authentic Thai as it has been westernised to suit the tourists' tastes. Try the seafood restaurants off Bangla.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: patong restaurants

Yes Sweet re opened last year after renovations, not sure if its the same owners but many of the same staff there and still good value for money.

Chez Bernards and Sabai Beach restaurant on the beach up the northern end in the lane way just past Impiana Cabana and both serve very good food Thai & Western. Also there a few restaurants on rat u thit road just north of Bang La road, plastic tables and chairs but good food, Nicky's Handlebar further north on Rat u Thit road up near the road to Devarna very good food and service.

Cheers, Pete

Edited: 5:41 am, February 21, 2010
melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: patong restaurants

I second the suggetion of original one massage. Its the only one I use. Its not dodgy like the majority of others, if you know what i mean. If your out and about, there is a restraunt down the road past phuket zoo. It over looks the water and is cheap and has a great selection of food. Fresh seafood and Thai food.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: patong restaurants

sabai sabai is a great restaurant, staff are really helpful

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: patong restaurants

Spatz cafe/restaurant.....This place was recommended to me by a trip advisor a couple of years ago and truly the only person who did recommend Spatz.....

After eating here once,we decided this place was as good as Sweet and Sabai Sabai at the same cheap prices.....

And the bonus is....If you dine there,you get to use their computer for a half hour free....

The waitress is super friendly and speaks and understands english well....

Spatz is truly an unknown gem in a tropical treasure chest....

Spatz is in Soi Wattana Clinic....also check out website....

We lost count on the times we dined there....!!!