We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Topic
changing money

ive had some really good input about money matters but i want to know....the exchange booths, particularly the ones in Soi Eden, if they are open on saturday and sundays??.......

Im trying to work out how much money to change at the airport to get me through the weekend.....but mainly, i need Bahts for the all day tour of the island that we are doing on monday morning. i wont have time for changing money before we leave for the tour...so i need to know if i can change money over the weekend......thanks regards judych

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing money

Hi Judy, I stayed in the Ibis Hotel in Soi Eden and there was a money changer across the road (next to the Legends Bar). There are money changers all over Patong and they are open seven days a week. Don't change too much at the airport as you get a better rate in Patong.

Liz

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: changing money

Liz........thanks so much. great input from you. regards judych aust

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing money

Hi Judy

theres also a booth at the end of the street turn right about 50mt up outside 7/11, they do good rates we found they had the best rates, they all open 7 days from about 10am to 11pm (some maybe later) as Liz said don't change too much at the airport (if any) you will still be able to get it just outside the hotel and a better rate

Legends Bar good, and resturant at Eden Bungalows

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing money

Hi Judy

I was there last week and I was drawing money from the bank of Siam ATM at 02:00am and also at 9:am i saw a few different brands of ATM open at these hours.

I would think if you have hotel transfers prepaid then you won't kneed cab fair that said i would take no more than 1000 BHT in small notes if you wish to tip your driver and porter. (ask your driver to stop at a convenience store for water/Beer) or other items you may need as the trip can take up to an hour depending on traffic . The exchange rate at Perth airport was approx 25 BHT to the $1.00 AUD but the Thai ATM's were about 29.5 BHT per $1.00AUD so use ATM's hope this helps.

I tried for a week to find out about the weekend BBQ but had no luck i hope you do better.

Sharx

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changing money

BUT watch out for the 150 baht charge made on every ATM transaction by a foreign card.

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: changing money

thanks for that sharkx judych aust.

7. Re: changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 15, 2010