We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

Hi,

We're 2 friends in our early 30s visiting Thailand for the first time in end of feb. We have about 8-9 days and want to distribute between bangkok and 2 other places. We're single and we would like to do a little bit of everything - good beaches, good night life and even experience some culture and great food if possible! I might be asking for too much - but can you guys recommend where else to go besides bangkok? I was thinking Patong and Krabi/Koh Samui. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

I'd recommend Bangkok, Chiangmai and Krabi to get a good feel of Thailand, each place is very different and you get a good chance of culture, and fun between the three. Great food is available everywhere!.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

Agree with the poster above. There are better places than Phuket. Chaing Mai is Culture. You have to do Bangkok on your first trip out. Krabi is simply stunning and beautiful.

Edited: 3:59 pm, January 06, 2010
San Jose
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

Thanks for the responses! So looks like Krabi is better than Phuket? Does Krabi have any nightlife?

I am thinking 2 nights bangkok, 2 nights chiang mai and 3 nights either phuket or krabi.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

4. Re: First time in Thailand - please recommend itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 06, 2010