We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport for 5 from Airport to Karon?

Kitchen
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Transport for 5 from Airport to Karon?

Hi,

Could anyone confirm if there are "official" larger taxi's / mini-buses that will take 5 Adults + luggage from the airport?

I know there are the cheap mini-buses, but we don't fancy going via other hotel's / travel agents en-route, so are just seeking the best alternative.

Our hotel quoted us 1200 baht, so may go with that if there is nothing suitable or cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

Gregs

ps. I did check the FAQ but could not find anything specifi to 5 passengers etc.

Spokane, Washington
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport for 5 from Airport to Karon?

hello, our family of 5 just returned Jan 1. Great time!! We used Daj for transportation needs. Daj has a newer Toyota van & speaks English quite well. Airport, tours to elephant trek, Wat Chalong, Big Buddha, shopping, & the best Thai food (on the water too!!) we had while there in Phuket. We also stayed in Karon, Hilton. email Daj @ kanidaj@hotmail.com

Kitchen
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport for 5 from Airport to Karon?

Thank-you for your reply.....I've dropped him a mail so hopefully I'll hear back shortly.

Quite interested in the day trip as well around the Island......how much approx would we be looking at for this type of trip?

Thanks once again.

3. Re: Transport for 5 from Airport to Karon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 04, 2010